| This creature, item or feature is announced but not yet released.|
To see the features that are released soon, see the Patch Notes.
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The crocodile-like jaws and huge number of finely serrated teeth suggest that the Baryonyx was a fish-eater.
It most likely lived near bodies of water, due to the fact that it most likely ate fish as its main diet. It is also a very good swimmer, sometimes needing to go out into the water to get its prey, however, it is also said that its long claws are for catching prey on land, not just in water.
Not much is yet known about the Baryonyx's behavior as it has not yet been released in game.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Baryonyx resembles a typical mid-sized carnivorous dinosaur except for its crocodile-like head and having longer arms with large claws. These features are specially adapted to the animal's diet of fish and other water-dwellers.
Color Scheme and Regions
Drops[edit | edit source]
Note: Information is not guaranteed to be accurate, as it is a guess based on information of similar creatures.
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Taming[edit | edit source]
Note that this creature was recently released, so official taming data is not yet available.
The information presented here is based on anecdotal evidence and may not be entirely accurate.
For a level-dependent count of time and resources needed, try an external taming calculator, but keep in mind that their numbers are also unofficial.
A developer confirmed this will prefer fish meat over regular meat.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Baryonyx.
General[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Utility[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Baryonyx, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- Dino Dossier revealed on 08/14/2015.
- The dossier mentions the ability to recover health faster after ingesting fish. This may imply that the Baryonyx will gain instant health, or regenerate its health faster after feasting on fish meat obtained from Coel, Megapiranha, Megalodon, Manta and Salmon.
- Baryonyx is a member of the same family as Spinosaurus, known as the Spinosaurids.
- Fossils of Baryonyx have been found with the remains of other dinosaurs, meaning that despite being a fish eating predator, Baryonyx was probably capable of taking on larger land animals, despite the dossier stating it rarely attacks land animals.
- Baryonyx's specific name means "Water Lighting".