- Alpha Leedsichthys
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Leedsichthys is passive toward most things with the exception of rafts. They will stop at nothing to take down any raft in open water. Their sheer mass gives them the power to wreak havoc on even the best protected raft. When a raft is encountered the Leedsichthys will charge at full speed smashing the raft to bits by dealing direct damage to the raft itself even when the raft is fully encased in stone or even metal. Boaters beware the Leedsichthys are everywhere and aggressively out for your watercraft.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Leedsichthys is a spectacular sight for any deep-diving survivor. Nothing less than an enormous fish, the beast's cavernous maw is capable of swallowing humans whole (thankfully, the creature only feeds on minuscule fish and plankton). Its head bears light armoring to protect itself from Mosasaurus and a powerful tail capable of turning rafts into splinters propels it through the open ocean. The beast is so vast that bits of its flesh can be scraped off its body without seriously injuring it - a tactic that survivors use along with small water predators.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Leedsichthys's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Leedsichthys. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Leedsichthys will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
Server admins can use this region information in the Console Command "cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>".
For example, "cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6" would color the Leedsichthys's "body" magenta.
Region 1 is not used
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
5The Leedsichthys is incapable of drowning.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
|Base||Minimum||Activation||The Leedsichthys bites the target.|
|Attack Type||Projectile Values||Torpor Values|
|Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Utility[edit | edit source]
- Fish Collection: The Leedsichthys cannot be tamed, but Survivors can harvest about ~50 Raw Prime Fish Meat or Raw Fish Meat from a Leedsichthys without killing it by going up to it and pressing the use key (E, , ). This can make it useful to capture for a consistent supply of Fish Meat. This ability has a cooldown of 10 minutes.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Leedsichthys.
General[edit | edit source]
A normally passive creature to players and other sea creatures that you can harvest Raw Fish Meat and Raw Prime Fish Meat off without damaging it.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Use a high melee damage Megalodon mount to attack its sides, you can easily out maneuver it and avoid its melee attack and get around the heavily armored front.
Another strategy would be to lure it onto the beach or shallow water, potentially trapping it and leaving it exposed to attack.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Powerful Jaws that have the ability to one hit most survivors. Leedsichthys are very aggressive towards and can damage Rafts. Megalodons are commonly seen surrounding it. They also have an armoured front similar to that of a Pachy.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Very Slow with a Large turn Radius and no armor on its sides.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Leedsichthys, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- The dossier was revealed on November 16, 2015.
- The "Great Albino Leedsichthys" mentioned in the dossier is most likely referencing the Alpha Leedsichthys and is most likely is a reference to Herman Melville's novel, Moby Dick.
- It is theoretically possible that this is instead referencing a yet-unreleased boss.
- Leedsicthys is believed by some scientists to be the largest bony fish that ever lived.
- The process of harvesting meat from it without killing it is a possible reference to the engineered food creatures in Dougal Dixon's Man After Man, or a scene in the BBC documentary series Chased by Sea Monsters where protagonist Nigel Marvin witnesses a still-living, albeit deathly ill, Leedsichthys having its flesh ripped off by small marine reptiles and sharks.
- The genus name of Leedsichthys means "Leed's Fish." It is named after the amateur paleontologist Alfred Nicholson Leeds, for his important finds on Leedsichthys.