You can help by finding its map locations in-game and updating them
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
As it says in the dossier "it mostly hides within the reefs, waiting to ambush prey that swims by." The Liopleurodon swims around until attacked by a player or creature, at which point it will spin around and vanish, never to be seen again.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon appears as a crocodile-like reptile, with two sets of fins and a short tail. It is a pliosaur, a short-necked, large-headed type of Plesiosaur, making it closely related to the deep water Plesiosaurs. It also possesses a single long barbel on its chin to detect the presence of prey swimming past its ambush lair.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Liopleurodon's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Liopleurodon. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Liopleurodon will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
Server admins can use this region information in the Console Command "cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>".
For example, "cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6" would color the Liopleurodon's "face, sides, and flipper highlights" magenta.
Face, Sides, and Flipper Highlights
Region 1 is not used
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Spots and Flipper Edges
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
5The Liopleurodon is incapable of drowning.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Taming[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon is a passive tame. It only eats Giant Bee Honey. It is a temporary tame, it will stay tamed for 30 minutes. At the end of the 30 minutes, the Liopleurodon disappears.
On The Center the Liopleurodon has been found in the deepest parts of the trench.
|Giant Bee Honey||4||24:00||1:12:01|
|Giant Bee Honey||8||20:34||2:24:01|
|Giant Bee Honey||13||19:30||3:54:01|
|Giant Bee Honey||18||19:03||5:24:01|
|Giant Bee Honey||22||18:51||6:36:01|
|Giant Bee Honey||27||18:41||8:06:01|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Liopleurodon.
General[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon is a passive creature and will not attack you.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Anything but as soon as it receives damage the Liopleurodon will teleport away.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon itself doesn't impose any danger. However, the surrounding water could be inhabited by predators.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Low speed and turning radius. It is not meant for battle.
Utility[edit | edit source]
- Loot Booster: Riding a Liopleurodon increases the rarity and value of any lootbox you open (Deep Sea Loot Crates and underwater Beacons). This effect lasts 30 minutes, then, the Liopleurodon will disappear.
- Testing has shown that a lootbox that usually contains hide clothes contained a Rocket Launcher during the loot buff.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Liopleurodon, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- The Dossier was revealed on 17. July 2015 \
- The name and elements of the Dossier, such as 'The species on the island almost seem to be magical', Liopleurodon will show you the way' and 'those who don't believe in the Liopleurodons' qualities are shunned' are most likely references to the popular viral video 'Charlie the Unicorn', which features a magical Liopleurodon that guides the way.
- Liopleurodon means "smooth sided tooth".
- Currently, Liopleurodon does not give you an oxygen buff, contrary to the dossier.
- Like Basilosaurus, Liopleurodon is immune to being stunned by Cnidaria.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ARK Smart Breeding
- (07/17/15) Introducing the Liopleurodon