|This article is about the DLC: Scorched Earth.|
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Manticore/Manticore_Character_BP.Manticore_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
admincheat summon Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Manticore/Manticore_Character_BP_Easy.Manticore_Character_BP_Easy'" 500 0 0 35
admincheat summon Manticore_Character_BP_Medium_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Manticore/Manticore_Character_BP_Medium.Manticore_Character_BP_Medium'" 500 0 0 35
admincheat summon Manticore_Character_BP_Hard_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Manticore/Manticore_Character_BP_Hard.Manticore_Character_BP_Hard'" 500 0 0 35
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Color Scheme and Regions
The Manticore always spawns with the same color scheme and has no color regions.
This means it is currently impossible to make alterations to the Manticore's natural spawn colors.
Known Information[edit | edit source]
Tribute Requirements[edit | edit source]
The following items are needed to open the Scorched Earth Portal:
|Artifact Of The Gatekeeper||1||1||1|
|Artifact Of The Crag||1||1||1|
|Artifact Of The Destroyer||1||1||1|
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
The floor of the arena is teeming with Deathworms. The Manticore will primarily fly about the arena shooting purple bolts in different directions at once while using its tail to inflict torpor. Near the end of the battle Rock Elementals start spawning along with Deathworms and can easily trap and kill your creatures.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- It is best to not leave the platform so you can avoid the Deathworms.
- Kill the Deathworms in the arena first. Keep to ranged combat to avoid the worst of torpor damage. Try to run away from the Rock Elementals or bring a lot of explosive power.
- Bring at least one friend and a bunch of Rexes. As you spawn into the arena, split them into two groups and walk half of them down one side and the other on the other side. Once the Manticore lands, whistle them all to "attack this target" (default .), and they will trap the Manticore in place.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
- Contrary to what one might think, Rockets are not a good idea, as they travel slowly and the Manticore is rarely standing still on the ground, making it difficult to hit it with them.
- Creatures of up to 550 drag weight can be brought into boss fights. This prohibits all dinosaurs capable of bearing a platform saddle. However, Wyverns are specifically allowed into the Manticore arena.
- An Assault Rifle can inflict decent DPS and is relatively cheap.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- The Manticore can inflict large amounts of torpor with its tail, from which it can also shoot spikes like a Thorny Dragon. So don't forget your stimulant and water!
- The Deathworms in the arena will swarm any player or creature on the ground, which is especially dangerous to those that are unconscious from the Manticore's attacks.
- The Rock Elementals can spring up for damage if a creature or player is close enough and that will trap a creature inside of it and it will be doomed.
- The Deathworms' attacks have a large area of effect that can quickly drain the health of many of your creatures if they are close together
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Manticore is a creature from Persian mythology.
- The Manticore is a chimera, traditionally consisting of the body of a lion, the wings of a bat, the tail of a scorpion and a human face, although ARK's Manticore does not seem to have this last feature..
- The name 'Manticore' roughly translates to 'Man-Eater'.