| This creature, item or feature is announced but not yet released.|
To see the features that are released soon, see the Patch Notes.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Taming
- 3 Combat
- 4 Utility
- 5 Spotlight
- 6 Notes/Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Megalania is a huge lizard resembling a Komodo Dragon. It has stocky, low-lying build with a powerful tail and a toothy maw, drooling with poison. Despite its size, it is capable of climbing walls like a gecko to sneak up on prey and traverse difficult terrain - a useful adaptation for a massive cave-dweller like it.
Color Scheme and Regions
Drops[edit | edit source]
Note: Information is not guaranteed to be accurate, as it is a guess based on information of similar creatures.
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Taming[edit | edit source]
|Level||Tranq Arrows||Narcotics / Narcoberries||Food||Time|
|?||?||?||? Raw Meat||00:00|
Note that this creature was recently released, so official taming data is not yet available.
The information presented here is based on anecdotal evidence and may not be entirely accurate.
For a level-dependent count of time and resources needed, try an external taming calculator, but keep in mind that their numbers are also unofficial.
Preferred Food[edit | edit source]
KO Strategy[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Megalania.
General[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Megalania, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- Dino Dossier was revealed on 12/07/15 on Steam.
- The original release of the dossier had diet and temperament switched, resulting in an aggressive diet and a carnivorous temperament. This has since been fixed.
- Megalania is actually no longer a valid genus. The real-life animal is currently known as Varanus priscus after it was concluded Megalania is related to modern day monitor lizards, which belong to the genus Varanus. Despite this, the name "Megalania" is still used to describe the animal as a common name.