This island has no official name, but is often referred to as South Haven, Southern Island, The Lone Island, or formerly known as Herbivore Island. This island is often colonized by people for its relative absence of aggressive creatures. The island's small space and skittish herbivores make for easy hunting. There are also a good number of metal-rich rocks on the island's single hill. Its bay is deep and great for setting up a port or an aquatic creature pen. The land right on the bay is flat and great for basebuilding, but take care not too build too close to the cliffs, or you'll lose your supply of metal.
Surroundings[edit | edit source]
The island is directly south of the Southern Islets. The distance from the mainland and lack of carnivores make the island a perfect location for early players or peaceful tribes. This island is rich in metal nodes and is one of the most consistent places to easily obtain metal early on, accessible as soon as you can build a raft. If your tribe does not have carnivores yet, or you wish to avoid carnivores altogether, this island is perfect.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Has a small bay that is great for bringing in rafts. Be wary of Megalodon and Manta that spawn around the island, as they frequently swim into the bay or near the shore.
- In real life, paleontologists found fossil evidence of an island with only herbivores on it. Because there were no predators on the island and to efficiently live off the few resources the island has, the dinosaurs living there evolved to become much smaller. More information can be found here.
- There is an underwater cave on the east side of the island.
- Trilobites are mostly found in the northern part of the island.
- Pelagornis is found surrounding the island's west coast.
- There is a beacon found on the island.
- If you are looking for a herbivore to tame, this is a good place, as they are the only things that spawn, and can be easily taken back with a raft.
|Plains||Eastern Plains • Northern Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Redwood Forests • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • Maw, The • Smuggler's Pass • Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • South East Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena|