Overview[edit | edit source]
The Southern Islets consist of 5 medium and some smaller islands located in the south of The Island. It has a dense network of rivers, or rather: channels between individual islets, hosting many creatures attracted to water or living in it, though largest waterborne predators can be found closer to the deep waters on South or East.
Surroundings[edit | edit source]
They form the main part of the south-eastern border to the sea. A small, separated island can be seen South-East from the Southern Islets - it's the South Haven. Attempts to swim directly to the South Haven without a Wooden Raft are doomed to fail without a very high Stamina, to say nothing of the threat of aquatic predators such as the Megalodon.
Southern Islets have more Caves than any other single location in the game:
- Upper South Cave contains Artifact Of The Pack
- Lower South Cave contains Artifact Of The Hunter
- South-East Cave contains Artifact Of The Massive
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Carno
- Alpha Raptor
- Terror Bird
Rare[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
From Local Creatures[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Southern shores of the Islets make an excellent starting location for new players, though going deeper in land will require better equipment. The lagoon in the southwest of this region is frequented only by pairs of Dilos and Compys, as far as predators are concerned. The lagoon itself boasts a large number of Coelacanths, with smaller numbers of Piranha patrolling the waters around the small island located at the mouth of the lagoon to the east.
- There is a small island at approximately 84,59 with a large rock structure in the center, with a small passage going through. To the east of that rock is another large rock in which a brontosaurus always spawns next to and frequently gets stuck in. After aggravating it, you will have approximately 5 seconds to damage it before it breaks free. The rock cannot be mined. While stuck the head of the brontosaurus is showing with a small portion of the neck and upper body showing.
- While tempting, building a base right against the rivers runs the risk of Spinosaurus attacks and you should consider bases being a little further away to mitigate the risk.
- An Alpha Rex spawns just north of the easternmost S2 spawn point, at approximately 80,57. It tends to remain active on the hillside and beach along the western shore of the river that flows south from the eastern Writhing Swamps.The opposing shore of this river is patrolled by Raptors. Castoroides are common at the mouth of this river.
- The large rock formation at the southernmost peninsula is favored as a highly defensible area with few passages that large dinos can enter, and tall rock spires that are wide enough to build a sizable base upon. While building such a base may be quite resource-intensive to properly wall off, it still offers plenty of protection on its own.
|Plains||Eastern Plains • Northern Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Redwood Forests • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • Maw, The • Smuggler's Pass • Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • South East Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena|