You can help by finding its map locations in-game and updating them
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Trilobites can be found in shallow water in small groups, and occasionally on beaches. Trilobites do not fight back when hit, which makes them an easy source of chitin (oil and silica are no longer an easy resource to obtain through this method due to the nerf given to the trilobite in Patch 193.0). When a Trilobite is attacked, nearby Trilobites will attempt to flee.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
A trilobite is a strange arthropod closely related to horseshoe crabs. It has a small, flattened body divided into three segments from front to tail; head, thorax and pygidium. It crawls about on many tiny legs, snuffling the sand for tasty treats. Capable of breathing both air and water, its chitinous exoskeleton protects it from predators.
Color Scheme and Regions
The Trilobite always spawns with the same color scheme and has no color regions.
This means it is currently impossible to make alterations to the Trilobite's natural spawn colors.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
5The Trilobite is incapable of drowning.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Trilobite.
General[edit | edit source]
Trilobites have a fast movement pace, and strangely enough, they can climb any type of mountain, no matter how steep it is! They also do not fight back, so killing them is relatively easy.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Be sure to remember to run after first hitting a Trilobite as they will run quite fast in another direction! Use ranged weaponry if necessary, but melee is preferred. They will most likely go to the closest water source so be ready. Standing on them with a Saber and killing/harvesting them seems to work very well as they are pinned in place.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Melee is preferred, as ranged is not practical.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Since trilobites cannot do damage, they cannot pose any threat to players. Be sure you do not follow one into dangerous areas or off cliffs. One fleeing Trilobite may lead the player to a much less-tolerating angry Spino, which frequent the waterways with the Trilobites. Do not get carried away!
Weakness[edit | edit source]
They have low health and cannot fight. On occasion, mounts that have crushing abilities will kill them by trotting over them!
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Trilobite, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- The Dossier was revealed on the 26th June 2015 on Steam.
- The Trilobite is perhaps the easiest way to gather Chitin in the game, besides going into caves.
- The Trilobite is also a good way to get Oil and Silica Pearls without getting deeper in the ocean.
- As of Patch 193.0, the trilobite had its shallow water spawn nerfed as well as its chances of dropping Oil and Silica Pearls nerfed.
- Since the trilobite is from the Cambrian period, it is the oldest living species on the island, with the previous holder being Pulmonoscorpius, which is stated to have lived in the Silurian period.
- Trilobite is not a real genus, but a term given to the whole group known as trilobites. There are thousands of genera of Trilobites known to science, all appearing between 521 - 250 MYA.
- Trilobite seem to spawn early in the morning along the coast line. If you're not high enough level to go down to the ocean floor, this is a good place to look.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jat (26 June 2015). "Introducing the Trilobite!". Announcements. ARK: Survival Evolved Steam Community. Retrieved August 1, 2015.