- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Taming
- 3 Combat
- 4 Utility
- 5 Spotlight
- 6 Notes/Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Woolly Rhinos are neutral, and will only attack if you attack them, other nearby Rhinos will aggro as well if they are within a small range.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
A brutish herbivore native to the island's colder regions, the woolly rhinoceros is also one of its largest mammals. Resembling a modern rhinoceros in shape, it has a thick coat of insulating fur and is as nearly large as a Stegosaurus. Its horns are enormous and formidable weapons, and when propelled by an angry, short-sighted, multi-ton beast, they can prove lethal against almost any other creature.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Woolly Rhinoceros's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Woolly Rhinoceros. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Woolly Rhinoceros will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
Server admins can use this region information in the Console Command "cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>".
For example, "cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6" would color the Woolly Rhinoceros's "skin" magenta.
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Drops[edit | edit source]
Note: The Woolly Rhino Horn is found in the inventory.
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
The Woolly Rhino needs to sprint for a few seconds in order to reach its full sprint speed.
At full speed, attack damage is multiplied by 12.5
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Taming[edit | edit source]
|Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)||5||0||0||0:09:23|
|× 60; × 25; × 7; × 4; × 3; × 2:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:10:54|
|Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)||9||0||0||0:16:53|
|× 165; × 68; × 19; × 11; × 8; × 4:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:19:41|
|Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)||14||10||3||0:26:16|
|× 273; × 112; × 31; × 18; × 13; × 7:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:24:07|
|Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)||19||44||13||0:35:39|
|× 381; × 156; × 43; × 25; × 18; × 9:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:26:42|
|Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)||24||89||27||0:45:02|
|× 489; × 200; × 55; × 32; × 23; × 12:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:28:24|
|Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)||28||132||41||0:52:32|
|× 597; × 244; × 67; × 38; × 27; × 14:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:29:37|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Preferred Food[edit | edit source]
KO Strategy[edit | edit source]
One of the best ways to knock out a rhino is to kite it to a safe location and then have a tribe member pick you up on a flyer so you can safely knock it out with darts. This way ensures that no tribe member takes any damage from it
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Woolly Rhino.
General[edit | edit source]
The Woolly Rhino is a rather threatening opponent, but with the right plan, can be dealt with accordingly. Without the right equipment or strategy you are an easy target for the higher leveled rhino.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
There are many good strategies that exist to take down a Woolly Rhino. It has incredible melee power, so dealing with one usually incorporates ranged attacks. Bullets and arrows can take down one fairly quickly, but beware the deadly charging maneuver it will use to counter any ranged attacks. Attacking from higher ground such as a cliff or the back of a Quetzal will keep you safe from attack, if such a situation is available. It's also possible to use a decoy and then attack it. As there are many viable strategies, any will work as long as the Rhino cannot skewer a potential tribemate or beloved animal.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Dangers[edit | edit source]
The Rhino employs a deadly charge attack in combat. Attempt to dodge this lethal maneuver at all costs! The longer distance it clears in charging, the more power it will have on impact. If it catches a player off guard, the player will likely die instantly. The charge is your greatest danger in rhino hunting.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Small spaces can be used to your advantage as the Woolly Rhino can not use it's charge ability. Also the wild rhinos are not incredibly agile, so you can easily tranq a rhino while circling around a large rock.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
- PvP: With its charge it can take out or extremely injure larger dinosaurs to let other tribe mates finish them off. Melee, health, stamina.
- Travel: Funnily enough, land travel is often dismissed due to getting stuck on trees and on rocks, but the Woolly Rhino when sprinting will instantly knock down trees, and the trees will not cause the Rhino to stop or slow down. Their very high weight also allows them to carry a lot over land which can be very useful for a large move. They're for certain a mid-late game travelling Mammal, if you don't want the fear of being noticed or tracked from the air (Level Speed and Stamina).
- Leveling: A decent tame, if you could reach them in the cold, allows you to be able to get it pretty early. Now that you have it, it's damage is enough to wound a large dino, such as a T Rex so you can finish it and receive exp quite easily
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
- Thatch Collector: With its charge it can move straight through forests and if you click while doing so it will collect large amounts of thatch. Level stamina, weight.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Woolly Rhinoceros, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- The dossier was revealed on November 23, 2015.
- The dossier mentions that the woolly rhino is often hunted for its horn, which can be ground up into a valuable powder. This is likely a satirical reference to the illegal rhino hunting trade, as poachers kill rhinoceroses to sell their horns in Asian markets, and it is traditionally believed that the horns are an ingredient in aphrodisiacs.
- The Woolly Rhino was originally meant to be released with the 237.0 patch but was later delayed for unknown reasons.
- Increasing Movement Speed does not increase its charge speed, or the rate at which its charge builds. Movement Speed only affects walking speed.
- Rhino Horn was an ingredient required to craft Lesser Antidote for a brief time. It was eventually replaced by Narcotic in the recipe, and horn is no longer needed.
- Charge Damage does up to x10 damage (for a full charge meter).
- Woolly Rhino is one of only two creatures for which Kibble is not worth 80 points of food (with the other being Brontosaurus). It instead only fills 53.3 points.