ARK Survival Evolved Wiki
See the latest Patch Notes, or check below.
As a man or woman stranded, naked, freezing, and starving on the unforgiving shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame and ride the plethora of leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements and store valuables, all while teaming up with (or preying upon) hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!The game is currently in 'Early Access' on Steam, the Xbox Live Marketplace, and PlayStation 4 with continually new updates in the open-world dinosaur survival game. It will release on all platforms on August 8th, 2017!
- Food, Water, Temperature & Weather
- Harvest, Build Structures, Paint Items, Dinos and Yourself
- Plant, Farm & Grow
- Tame And Benefit From Numerous Creatures
- Learn to Craft more Items with Engrams
- RP Oriented Custom Cooking System!
- Collect Precious Artifacts In Dangerous Caves
- Summon The Ultimate Life Forms
- Advanced Tribe System
- Hardcore Game Mechanics
- Explore And Discover
- Large-World Persistence And Meta-Universe
- Robust Steam Workshop Mod Support and dedicated DevKit
- High-End Next-Gen Visuals
- Host your own Dedicated Server.
- Explorer Notes
Survival of the Fittest is ARK's Multiplayer Online Survival Arena (MOSA) available on Steam. It comes bundled with the base game.
Tournament History: SotF Tournaments
Current Version: 178.1
Released - September 23, 2016
- Reduced Bronto damage by 50%
- Doubled Ring of Death collapse size on Official 2v2 and 4v4 (to 11000 radius)
PC and Linux
Released - June 23, 2017
Last major release: 259.0
Released - June 19, 2017
- New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
- New Dino: Hyaenodon
- New Dino: Hesperornis
- New Dino: Megatherium
- New Dino: Megalania
- New Dino: Yutyrannus
- New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
- New Structure: Interactive Toilet
- Viking Hair and Facial Hairstyles
- Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
- Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
- Achievement set now includes various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
- New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
- Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress "easter egg" for singleplayer and custom servers: Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy'
- Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
- Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
- Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
- Updated various new UI's to the new style
- 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
- Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
- Redid The Island's ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
- Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/ark-translation-project)
- Various misc Island map fixes
- Massive update to Primitive+:
- All tamed dinos with projectiles now support "Turret" AI mode
- Official PvE changed to use Offline Raid Protection
- Made Alpha Leeds more common on The Island, and made them give 5 Blubber items rather than just 1. Also made Alpha Megalodon slightly more common.
- Fixed particle systems not appearing at large world coordinates
Released - May 25, 2017
- Fixed a memory issue related to new Audio Streaming