As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Released - June 4, 2015
- Added missing "Spyglass" engram (like binoculars), which also enables you to craft the later glasswares. Moved the "Scope" Weapon Attachment to level 30, down from level 40.
- Balance: Fist Damage reduced by 20%, Argentavis AI aggressiveness reduced by 25%, Tranq Arrow Tranq-Power increased by 20%, Slingshot Torpidity Power Decreased by 10%
- Reduced the rate at which food spoils in the inventory of an NPC creature, by 75%, to aid long-term creature maintenance
- Implemented a "Low Memory (4 GB RAM)" and "Low Memory DX10" launch options that reduces graphics and audio effects to save about 800 MB RAM, likely enabling 4GB RAM players to get past infinite-loading screens.
- Reimplemented stylish animated-movie loading screen, fixed up some graphics on the "Play Local" menu, exposed various gameplay options to the "Play Local" menu, so that you can more easily customize your own server or local play experience.
- Added an option to hide the Server Name from your Pause Menu, so that streamers don't have to give away what server they're playing on.
- Selfie orbit cam, [K] by default, now collides with structures geometry so that you can't use it to... spy... into other players' houses... creeper!
- Added 3 "PvP-Hardcore-OfficialServers"... for the truly hardcore (you have to create a new survivor after each death :)
- Added ?MapPlayerLocation command argument for player-hosted servers, when used will display the current player location on the 3D Map. (not very hardcore/realistic ;)
- Populated small pickupable rocks across all of the ARK's beaches, not just in the southern coasts.
- Increased # of server search from 50 to 100
- Filter "password protected" servers on the Steam backend, rather than locally, to return more servers
- Fixed a Localization crash
- AZERTY French keyboards can now rebind keys properly
- Initial DirectX10 Shader Model 4 support -- ubersky won't yet render :-P. Also reduces game memory footprint by ~400 MB
- Player counts on the server browser are now correct and accurate
- Getting "Winded" in water no longer prevents you from swimming upwards completely -- you now just swim upwards more slowly, and so are less likely to absolutely drown.
- Pause Menu now lists the Server name
- Server browser now has a list of "Survivor's Servers", upon which you have a survivor, Favorite Servers, and Friend's Servers
- Fixed an issue where NPC's would not attack often at lower-FPS times on servers
- Broadcast Server messages now force the chat to appear (typically used to notify of server maintenance)
- Bonus Item Skins (Stomped Glasses, Cowboy Hat, Noble Saddle) are permanent, locked to your character, and given again after respawn (dropping them simply removes them if you don't want them -- if you want to keep them, apply them to an item).
- Fixed some graphical artifacts with the water, waterline, and underwater particles
- Slingshot torpidity multiplier reduced slightly
- Inventory Key can now be rebound
- Arrow keys now turn rather than strafe, and can be rebound