From ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki
Released - 12 August 2015
- Added "Re-Fertilizer" item craftable at the Compost Bin which can be used over ground to re-grow depleted foliage over time even if it's close to structures (avoids the structure distance check, though wont' regrow if it's stuck 'within' a structure).
- Added adjustable "Tethering" distance for non-dedicated multiplayer sessions (maximum distance from Host player), adjustable in the Host UI
- Alpha predators damage vs Stone structures reduced by 80%
- Alpha predators now tend to only appear inland / in mountainous regions
- Alpha predators natural targeting range reduced by 40%, easier to deliberately avoid or escape from.
- Alpha predators now ALWAYS Survivor drop inventories when killed. (i.e. Carno and Rex)
- Added option to disable specific Alpha predators ("NPC Replacements") on custom servers. This can also be used to disable any specific NPC, or replace the spawns of a particular NPC with that of a different NPC.
\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Dodo_Character_BP_C") NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")
- Custom servers can now specify "ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures" & "ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers" multipliers, if they wish to allow resources to regrow closer or farther away from players & structures.
\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=1 ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=1
- Auto Turrets now target & shoot down enemy grenades AND rockets -- ooo yeah :) (and any bullet weapon can shoot grenades & rockets to explode them now ;)
- Replacing Structures doesn't do obstruction checks anymore (no more failures to replace)
- PvP servers have an optional +1 minute additonal respawn that doubles each time if you are killed by a team within 5 minutes of your previous death to that team (timer indicated on Spawn UI). Is enabled in pvp by default, and on all the official pvp servers. Helps prevent PvO ammo-wasting of auto turrets by repeatedly throwing sacrificial players at them.
\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval=true IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalCheckPeriod=300 IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalMultiplier=2 IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalBaseAmount=60
- Only melee damage onto spike walls causes return-damage now (i.e. shooting spike wall with rocket launcher won't hurt you any more)
- Spectators are no longer booted after idle period, and enabling spectator after death now clears death postprocess effects, and spectating after death gets proper view-location networking now
- Alpha Predator buffs are now cleared upon Alpha Predator death
- Added admin command to force-join a tribe by looking at anything the tribe owns, and force-promote yourself in a tribe, and take over founder role of a tribe
cheat ForcePlayerToJoinTargetTribe PlayerID (your PlayerID is 0 - puts target Player into the Tribe that owns the structure/character you're looking at) cheat MakeTribeAdmin cheat MakeTribeFounder cheat RemoveTribeAdmin
- Improved server perf, and fixed some server crash cases
- Admin-Only-Access doors (and their doorframes) can no longer be demolished or Replaced by non-Admin tribe members regardless of Governance settings
- Server INI's option to switch from PvE to PvP mode at pre-specified in-game times OR a pre-specified real-world (server-side) times!
\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] bAutoPvETimer=true bAutoPvEUseSystemTime=true or false AutoPvEStartTimeSeconds=0 to 86400 AutoPvEStopTimeSeconds=0 to 86400
With bAutoPvETimer enabled, the active setting will show beside the current time in the Player HUD (default key 'H'). If bAutoPvEUseSystemTime is disabled it will use the in-game world time, otherwise it will default to the server time. You can make PvEStartTime either > or < PvEStopTime, depending on what you want to do - for example: with PvEStartTime of 2:00 and PvEStopTime of 23:00 (converted to seconds of course) PvE would be active from 2am to 11pm, while PvEStartTime of 23:00 and PvEStopTime of 2:00 would only enable PvE from 11pm to 2am (and thus PvP from 2am to 11pm)