We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Released - 11 September 2015
- Driveable Dune Buggy Modding example (we'll let modders have the first crack at vehicles with this example :)
(also available for server admins to spawn for experiments, and so is the Dragon)
cheat spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Dragon/Dragon_Character_BP.Dragon_Character_BP'" 1 1 1
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy'" 1 1 false -- for proper driving physics on dedicated servers, highly recommend that server admins who use the Buggy run their server with INI change: "steamapps\common\ARK\Projects\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini" [/script/engine.physicssettings] Server_MaxSubsteps=5 Server_MaxSubstepDeltaTime=0.1
- New Creature: Pachycephalosaurus!
- New Item: Water Raft!
- New Item: Scuba Pants, providing excellent hypothermic insulation, but only when in water.
- New Item: Craftable "Amnesiac Soup" that resets all of your Engrams and Skill Points!
- Paintings / Warpaints can now be saved, loaded, and shared! (they require the corresponding indicated amount of paint to apply, of course!) -- can someone make a Bitmap to ARKPaint converter now? ;)
- Human and Dino Warpaint
- Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles: make your big ♥♥♥ brontos and plesios into mobile bases, build just about anything up from them! Build ladders to climb up onto them, whatever -- the possibilities are nearly endless!!! ;) We originally were gonna limit it to sleeping bags and turrets, but let's just go all-out and make it work with everything
Note: Plesio platform-saddle coming in future update v208.
- Scuba Torso Top included in Tank Item
- Auto Anti Hack Banning (Speed currently, Aimbotting coming shortly): experimental server commandline option -antispeedhack
- Ogg Music now plays on Mac and Linux (main menu, loading, spawning, etc)
- New ServerSettings "DisablePvEGamma=true" option now prevents gamma changes in PvE
- DestroyWildDinos cheat command, instantly destroys all Wild Dinos. Useful if you want to force repopulation of the ARK... sounds apocalyptic. Similarly, DestroyStructures
- When placing a FenceFoundation/Wall/DoorFrame/GateFrame, you can now press the Use-Key to rotate them 180 degrees when snapped (i.e. to "flip" them)
- Eliminated Server lag/stalling associated with clients that have poor connections getting a BUNCH of structures sent to them all at once
- There's now an on-screen overhead icon when a Dino of yours is in range of one of your Troughs.
- You can now place crop-plots on Structures
- You can now name Refrigerators... Maltheus :)
- 50% of the Inventory weight of a Monkey on your shoulder is now put on you ;)
- Rocket Launcher no longer consumes 2 ammo per shot; only 1 ammo per shot now.
- There are various new craftable dye colors including Cyan ;)
- Fixed Claiming of dinos on PvE! (thankfully the timers are saved, was just an input issue)
- Custom Chat bindings now work properly when menus are open
- Fixed UI crash associated with "blueprint skins"
- Server admins can now ban via SteamID when a player isn't currently connected
New Primitive Server INI: