Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Released - 21 October, 2016
Note: v248.0 did a one-time reset of INI's, including custom Server INI's. We're very sorry for this, it won't happen again! We will be modifying the engine source to not clobber user INI's when a base INI changes!
- You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals ;)
- New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST! Details for Hosting Dedicated PGARK Here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
- New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
- New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
- New Dino: Diplocaulus!
- New Dino: Chalicotherium!
- Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
- Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
- Neuter/Spay option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
- Radial Wheel Menu text size now scales with number of entries (to avoid Diplodocus overload, etc)
- Spectators can now see player-talking moving lips & hear voice chat when in range
- Fixed player collisions onto big dino ragdolls
- Non-Drop-In Supply Crates (Cave/Underwater crates etc) no longer have decreasing Health over time (no longer autodestroy), but they can also not accept Inventory anymore and can not be used to generate Boss Tribute Portals.
- System to completely add/subtract/override all Map NPC Spawners via INI (highly useful for PGM spawn tweaking). Fully Mod NPC compatible as well! Details here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/