This article is about the game on iOS and Android. For the game on PC, Xbox One, and PS4, see ARK: Survival Evolved. For other apps related to ARK, see Apps.
||This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Mobile.
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile is a free-to-play mobile version of ARK: Survival Evolved released on June 14, 2018 for iOS and Android.
Dive into the ultimate mobile dino-adventure with ARK: Survival Evolved! A massive game world combines with 80+ unique dinosaurs and primal creatures for you to capture and tame - making for a survival experience bar-none. Meet up with other players and friends in this Jurassic-era world, to form tribes and work together to build colonies of survivors.
Based on the genre-defining adventure from PC and consoles, ARK: Survival Evolved challenges you to survive and thrive on a mysterious island, where you start out alone and unarmed. Gather resources and craft tools to build shelter and hunt. Expand your domain while capturing and taming dinosaurs to do your bidding. Make new friends online, form tribes, and build mighty structures to defend against man and mega-predators alike!
Features of ARK: Survival Evolved include:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Explore a massive living and breathing prehistoric landscape as you find the means to survive, thrive, and escape on the Ark.
- Craft and Build: Using any means necessary to survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities.
- Survive Alone or With Others: Group up with, or prey on, hundreds of other players in a large-scale online world or choose to go it alone in single-player mode.
- Join a Tribe: The 'Tribe' system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
Ancient Amber is a premium currency that can be used to purchase instant-crafting structures, character buffs, other special consumables and to resurrect dead creatures (tamed or wild).
Primal Pass is a subscription available for $3.99 USD a month or $34.99 USD a year. It provides a permanent double XP buff, 20 additional tame slots, a monthly loot promo code, the removal of all ads (including those on Free Gifts), reserved slots on all servers, early access to news & upcoming special events, one additional Ancient Amber per ad watched and access to Primal Pass-exclusive servers that have Crafting Stations disabled (but not buffs and items).
Eerie Creatures are a special variant of Creatures that appear in Dungeons. Eerie Creatures have a special glow and provide a challenge for survivors who wander into Dungeons.
Bosses can be found in Dungeons and must be defeated to claim the rewards obtained in the Dungeons.
Resources and Consumables
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile adds the following Resources and Consumables:
Weapons, Armor, and Tools
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile adds the following Weapons, Armor, and Tools:
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile adds the following Structures:
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile adds the following Cosmetics:
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile adds the following Items:
Developer Updates are a regular feature where the Community Manager at War Drum Studios, Jordan Kleeman, goes over some of the upcoming features coming to the game.
Differences from standard ARK
- Console Commands are not supported
- Artifacts are tributes for getting Blueprints or items at the Obelisks.
- Dungeons are the only way to get Tek and fight Bosses.
- Upper South Cave, North East Cave, The Caverns of Lost Hope, The Caverns of Lost Faith, and Tek Cave do not exist.
- Taming limit currently only 40 animals in singleplayer or 12 for each tribe member (up to 120) on multiplayer. Paying real money for Primal Pass will extend the limit to 60.
- Taming rate is set to 1.75.
- The equivalent of PC controls are as follows: Normal Attack= Left Click, Swipe up on movement side= Right Click, Swipe down on movement side= C key, Jump= Space bar
- Custom Consumables are not currently supported.
- Royal Griffins spawn on Far's Peak. In order to tame or ride, the player must be respected. This can be achieved by being level 85+, wearing the Gold Crown cosmetic piece, or by sharing the same surname of the Griffin at level 40+.
- There is only one map on Mobile, it is The Island.
- Items such as the Motorboat and War Map are not included in the game.
- The Giant Bee is not in the game, and as such the only way to get Giant Bee Honey is from the craftable engram for the Giant Bee Hive.
- Dodo's can be bred for varying sizes on Mobile. You can breed them to be large enough to be ridden or small enough to take them with your shoulder.
- The Equus comes with a stat known as Equus Power. Equus Power determines the speed and stamina of the Equus for racing.
- Phones with low storage quality will experience crashing and glitches, but these can be slowed down on airplane mode.
- Megatherium, Daeodon, Troodon, and most recently Pegomastax do not exist on the island. They must be killed in the dungeons and revived with Ancient Amber at the Obelisks or Revival Platform to tame.
- Tame Chronicling (Mobile) is available instead of Cryopod to free up some space. However, unlike cryopods it can't be used to transport creatures trough narrow passages.
To play the game, a device needs to have:
- Roughly 2GB available space
- 2GB of RAM on iOS devices
- 3GB of RAM on Android
- Vulkan Support
- Android 7.0 Nougat
For more information on Android requirements, see this video:
Furthermore, it has been announced that the developers will not be making the game compatible for older devices, however, they will continue to make the game compatible for newer models as well as adding more stability for certain devices.
| Recipes and Notes|
| Implant Grafts|
| Pt. Notes|
, Paddle Ball
) • Cuddle Bears
) • Facility Key
• FREE Server Transfer Ticket
) • Hands
• Name Change Ticket
• Navigation Kit
• Prank Gifts
) • Sail Plume
• Server Transfer Ticket
• SP Transfer Ticket
• Wildcard Transfer Ticket
• Worn Cuddle Bears
| Crafting Stations|
• Creature Skin Rugs
) • Crop Beds
) • Elegant Furniture
) • Elegant Rugs
) • Garden Gnome
• Garden Tree
• Half Pavers
) • Hedges
) • Modern Clocks
) • Pavers
) • Planters
) • Pots
) • Simple Curtains
) • Stone Steps
• Storage Chest
• Toilet Paper
• Trellis Archway
• Trellis Fence
) • Wall Sconce
• Water Fountain
• Weapon Mounts
) • Woven Rugs