ARK Survival Evolved Wiki
See the latest Patch Notes, or check below.
As a man or woman stranded, naked, freezing, and starving on the unforgiving shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame and ride the plethora of leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements and store valuables, all while teaming up with (or preying upon) hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!The game is currently in 'Early Access' on Steam, the Xbox Live Marketplace, and PlayStation 4 with continually new updates in the open-world dinosaur survival game. It will release on all platforms on August 29th, 2017!
- Food, Water, Temperature & Weather
- Harvest, Build Structures, Paint Items, Dinos and Yourself
- Plant, Farm & Grow
- Tame And Benefit From Numerous Creatures
- Learn to Craft more Items with Engrams
- RP Oriented Custom Cooking System!
- Collect Precious Artifacts In Dangerous Caves
- Summon The Ultimate Life Forms
- Advanced Tribe System
- Hardcore Game Mechanics
- Explore And Discover
- Large-World Persistence And Meta-Universe
- Robust Steam Workshop Mod Support and dedicated DevKit
- High-End Next-Gen Visuals
- Host your own Dedicated Server.
- Explorer Notes
Survival of the Fittest is ARK's Multiplayer Online Survival Arena (MOSA) available on Steam. It comes bundled with the base game.
Tournament History: SotF Tournaments
Current Version: 178.1
Released - September 23, 2016
- Reduced Bronto damage by 50%
- Doubled Ring of Death collapse size on Official 2v2 and 4v4 (to 11000 radius)
PC and Linux
Released - 16 August, 2017
- Tameable Titanoboas!
- New Server Option: Force Respawn of Wild Dinos on Server Restart! Enabled by default on official servers, this will force weekly respawns of dinos on all servers to prevent certain dino types (like the Basilo and Spino) from becoming depopulated on long running servers. (?ServerAutoForceRespawnWildDinosInterval=SECONDS). Note in some cases this may not work more than once, we may have solved the case but we're looking into it ;) .
- New Server Option: Tribe Size and Alliance Size Limits! The new tribe member limit is defaulted to 70 players and the new alliance per tribe limit is defaulted to 10 on official servers (MaxAlliancesPerTribe=# and MaxTribesPerAlliance=# in Game.ini). Note: Values may be off by 1 (looking into it!), so just pick your number and then add 1 to it.
- Platform Saddles are now limited to maximum 40 saddles per tribe. Each platform saddle (with structures) counts as 19 tribe tame slots (?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=19 & ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=40).
- 1/4 sized Ragnarok map update (the "Southwest Update"):
Last major release: 265.0
Server side: Released - August 11, 2017
- Fixed a case where some Player Dedicated servers would crash on launch or shortly thereafter.
- Various perf improvements+fixes
- In building placement mode, Reload Key (X) is switched to Accept Placement of a structure, (A) to jump while placing structure, (RB) to cycle snap points, (will indicate in Options menu in future version).
- Fixed an issue where audio would randomly crackle
- Fixed players not able to unlock the Artifact Achievement
- Fixed an ascension crash related to split-screen
- PC Equivalent of v259