ARK Survival Evolved Wiki
See the latest Patch Notes, or check below.
As a man or woman stranded, naked, freezing, and starving on the unforgiving shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame and ride the plethora of leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements and store valuables, all while teaming up with (or preying upon) hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!The game was released on August 29th, 2017 after being over two years in 'Early Access' and is available on Steam, the Xbox Live Marketplace, and PlayStation 4 with continually new updates in the open-world dinosaur survival game.
- Food, Water, Temperature & Weather
- Harvest, Build Structures, Paint Items, Dinos and Yourself
- Plant, Farm & Grow
- Tame And Benefit From Numerous Creatures
- Learn to Craft more Items with Engrams
- RP Oriented Custom Cooking System!
- Collect Precious Artifacts In Dangerous Caves
- Summon The Ultimate Life Forms
- Advanced Tribe System
- Hardcore Game Mechanics
- Explore And Discover
- Large-World Persistence And Meta-Universe
- Robust Steam Workshop Mod Support and dedicated DevKit
- High-End Next-Gen Visuals
- Host your own Dedicated Server.
- Explorer Notes
Survival of the Fittest is ARK's Multiplayer Online Survival Arena (MOSA) available on Steam. It comes bundled with the base game.
Tournament History: SotF Tournaments
Current Version: 178.1
Released - September 23, 2016
- Reduced Bronto damage by 50%
- Doubled Ring of Death collapse size on Official 2v2 and 4v4 (to 11000 radius)
PC and Linux
Released - 19 September, 2017
- Fixed a bug where in the event of a rollback, players who recently used the CrossARK transfer system could lose their characters.
- Fixed the bear trap to avoid turret exploit. Bear traps only damageable by explosion now (or demolishing)
- Reduced Flamethrower Damage from base 100 per second to 30 per second.
- Flamethrower Direct Damage is now affected by Armour.
- Flamethrower expensive foliage particle effects now eliminated for everyone except the local player using the weapon
- Chainsaw not able to attack whilst running
- Tripled the effective "ammo" of TEK armours, so they last 3x as long per element
- Shield blocks should block whip stuns/item drops (and trigger the cooldown), and whip stun on players reduced to 1 second.
- Implemented a new value to reduce indirect torpor (Gas grenades, tranq).
- Chitin, Metal, Riot, and TEK Armours now reduce incoming torpor.
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.07 (Was 0)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.035 (Was 0)
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.15 (Was 0)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.06 (Was 0)
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.25 (Was 0.25)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.12 (Was 0)
Tek (remember there are no Tek qualities):
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.7 (Was 0)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.7 (Was 0)
Last major release: 269.0
Released - September 16, 2017
- Server SIDE: Fixed some crashes
Released - September 14, 2017
- Enabled building in orbit camera mode
- Updated the Ice Wyvern Model
- Updated Translations for Chinese languages.
- Added option to cancel PGM Generation
- Fixed various content issues with the Phoenix and Otter