admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Toad/Toad_Character_BP.Toad_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Beelzebufo
admincheat summon Toad_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Toad/Toad_Character_BP_Aberrant.Toad_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
The Beelzebufo (bee-el-zeh-boo-fo) is one of the creatures in ARK: Survival Evolved. It is found in the Swamp Biome and when ridden is a fast mover (especially under water) with the ability to make very high/long-distance jumps (second only to the Procoptodon). Beelzebufos also naturally create Cementing Paste when they consume small insects ( Titanomyrma, Meganeura, Jug Bug and Glowbug).
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Taming
- 3 Combat
- 4 Utility
- 5 Notes/Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Beelzebufo palucocus is the largest frog I've ever seen. Almost impossibly large, it can actually fit a fully-grown human adult on its back, though just barely. This is a dangerous prospect, though, as secretions from Beelzebufo's skin and saliva have a narcotic effect on most creatures.
Not surprisingly, Beelzebufo is adept at killing insects. Its lengthy tongue allows it to quickly grab prey from afar, killing most insects near instantly and quickly digesting them. It even combines the narcotic chemicals in its mouth with the insects' chitin to create a specialized sticky substance.
Tamed Beelzebufo make for strange mounts. Strange mounts for strange people. Many tribes don't believe there's any reason to ride them, but some enjoy the ability to take large vertical hops up huge walls and cliffs. Regardless of how it is ridden, Beelzebufo is also employed for its ability to quickly cull insects, and convert them into always-useful cementing paste.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Beelzebufo spends its days hopping about in the swamps. However, if attacked, it will fight back fiercely, lashing out its poison-laden tongue at enemies.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Beelzebufo is an enormous frog, larger than a man and (once tamed) strong enough to carry one on its back. Short spines protrude from its back. It is an effective ambush predator of the island's large insect species, sedating its prey before stuffing it into its wide mouth.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This section displays the Beelzebufo's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Beelzebufo. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Beelzebufo will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
Server admins can use this region information in the Console Command
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>.
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Beelzebufo's "body" magenta.
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Belly and Accents
Drops[edit | edit source]
- Guaranteed Special Loot
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
|Melee Damage||12 / 202||+0.6 / +1||+1.7%||2.8%||11%|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
|Both Attacks||Tranquilized|| The target's Torpor will increase by 3x the damage dealt over 10 seconds. For wild Beelzebufo, this effect stacks.
For tamed Beelzebufo only certain attack combinations will stack, and then only twice:
Primary attack + secondary attack will stack for a 20 second torpor debuff
Two primary attacks will stack for a (weaker) 20 second torpor debuffOther attack combinations will not stack.
|Tongue Attack||Attack Range||Description|
|Base||Minimum||Activation||Using the (PC), (PS4), (Xbox One), the Beelzebufo strikes straight ahead with its tongue. The target's Torpor will increase by 3x the damage dealt over 10 seconds. This effects stacks with each hit from a wild Beelzebufo, however attacks from tamed Beelzebufos stack up to two times for a maximum of 20 seconds torpor debuff.|
|Attack Type||Projectile Values||Torpor Values|
|Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
|Tongue Swipe||Attack Range||Description|
|Base||Minimum||Activation||Using the (PC), (PS4), (Xbox One), the Beelzebufo swipes its tongue from one side to the other. The target's Torpor will increase by 3x the damage dealt over 10 seconds. This effects stacks with each hit from a wild Beelzebufo, however attacks from tamed Beelzebufos stack up to two times for a maximum of 20 seconds torpor debuff.|
|Attack Type||Projectile Values||Torpor Values|
|Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Taming[edit | edit source]
For general infos about domesticating a wild creature see Taming.
KO Strategy[edit | edit source]
The standard procedure with tranquilizer arrows works just fine. However be careful as its attack has a long range and can tranquilize you. Standing on top of a large rock can protect you from this.
Beelzebufo can be picked up with a tamed Argentavis and dropped into a taming pen. Since it only attacks horizontally, you can shoot it on a platform and you will be safe from its attacks.
Taming Food[edit | edit source]
|Cooked Lamb Chop||10||8||2||1||0:06:40|
|Raw Prime Meat||7||0||0||0||0:04:40|
|Cooked Prime Meat||13||16||4||2||0:08:40|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||16||2||1||1||0:05:20|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||32||26||6||3||0:10:58|
|Raw Fish Meat||47||45||10||5||0:15:40|
|Cooked Fish Meat||94||45||10||5||0:15:40|
|× 20; × 9; × 3; × 2; × 1; × 1:|
|Torpidity-depletion: , Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:05:00|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||20||32||7||4||0:13:20|
|Raw Prime Meat||14||7||2||1||0:09:20|
|Cooked Prime Meat||27||60||14||7||0:17:59|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||34||19||5||3||0:11:20|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||68||93||21||11||0:23:18|
|Raw Fish Meat||102||159||36||18||0:34:00|
|Cooked Fish Meat||203||158||35||18||0:33:50|
|× 55; × 23; × 7; × 4; × 3; × 2:|
|Torpidity-depletion: , Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:08:14|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||32||80||19||10||0:21:19|
|Raw Prime Meat||21||26||6||3||0:14:00|
|Cooked Prime Meat||42||129||30||15||0:27:59|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||53||53||13||7||0:17:40|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||105||187||43||22||0:35:58|
|Raw Fish Meat||158||310||71||36||0:52:40|
|Cooked Fish Meat||315||308||71||36||0:52:30|
|× 91; × 38; × 11; × 6; × 5; × 3:|
|Torpidity-depletion: , Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:10:28|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||43||137||33||17||0:28:39|
|Raw Prime Meat||29||60||15||8||0:19:20|
|Cooked Prime Meat||57||213||51||26||0:37:58|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||72||99||24||12||0:24:00|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||143||304||72||36||0:48:59|
|Raw Fish Meat||214||488||116||58||1:11:20|
|Cooked Fish Meat||428||488||116||58||1:11:20|
|× 127; × 52; × 15; × 9; × 6; × 3:|
|Torpidity-depletion: , Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:12:05|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||54||203||49||25||0:35:58|
|Raw Prime Meat||36||96||24||12||0:24:00|
|Cooked Prime Meat||72||311||75||38||0:47:57|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||90||150||37||19||0:30:00|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||180||433||105||53||1:01:39|
|Raw Fish Meat||270||688||167||84||1:30:00|
|Cooked Fish Meat||540||688||167||84||1:30:00|
|× 163; × 67; × 19; × 11; × 8; × 4:|
|Torpidity-depletion: , Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:13:21|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||65||277||69||35||0:43:18|
|Raw Prime Meat||44||144||36||18||0:29:20|
|Cooked Prime Meat||87||418||103||52||0:57:57|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||109||211||52||26||0:36:20|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||218||578||143||72||1:14:40|
|Raw Fish Meat||327||907||224||112||1:49:00|
|Cooked Fish Meat||653||905||224||112||1:48:50|
|× 199; × 82; × 23; × 13; × 9; × 5:|
|Torpidity-depletion: , Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:14:24|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Beelzebufo.
General[edit | edit source]
Beginners should not take the Beelzebufo lightly! Do not attack the creature on impulse. Often, beginners tend to swipe at them with whatever they have, since a frog seems like a pretty docile animal. This leads to an untimely death that could easily have been prevented. If one is knowledgeable, they can secure victory early on, or even tame this useful animal.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A good strategy to fight them is from above, because their attack only hits the area directly in front of them. Ranged weapons can reach further than its tongue, but it can close distance very quickly. In some cases, rushing it may be the best course of action. Eat stimberries if your torpor is peaking.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Better to use ranged weapons to avoid their torpor-inducing attack.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
They can knock you out easily with their torpor-rising attacks, and can jump and swim very fast. look out for other creatures in the swamp. The incidental backpedal into a pool of megapiranha can kill a player quickly, as the beelzebufo can knock the player out, opening a banquet for the piranha. Titanboas can add additional torpor and eat the player alive, while sarcos ensure no escape on water routes. The poor choice to tamper with a Dimetrodon can be a fatal one, and the unfortunate jab into a Paracer's leg can lead to an unfortunate death via crushing, which can send players through the map on occasion. Beware, beginners!
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Their attack is mostly horizontal, so it's easy to avoid it by just getting on a rock. They do not have much health either.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Pressing the alt-fire button (default Rmb) will shoot the tongue out, inflicting Torpor on creatures it hits, and turning dead Meganeura, Titanomyrma, Jug Bug and Glowbug into large amounts of Cementing Paste. Attacking a bug corpse will yield between 0 and 8 Cementing Paste each, regardless of melee damage.
If a Meganeura is flying too high for the Beelzebufo to attack, get off your Beelzebufo and punch the Meganeura. Quickly jump back on the Beelzebufo, the Meganeura should be aggro, and its swarm will follow. Jug Bug can't be killed with low level Beelzebufo.
Hostile players may find the Beelzebufo a perfect mount for raiding. It is able to jump over walls easily, and one hit from its tongue is enough to knock a human unconscious.
Also, Beelzebufo is a very versatile traveling mount, as it can can jump long distances, does not take a lot of fall damage and its swim speed is good along with the fact it can breathe underwater and its stamina recharges quickly while swimming.
Roles[edit | edit source]
- Hopper: This creature is extremely adept at covering large distances with its jump. This doesn't use much stamina so it can be used to travel long distances quickly over most types of terrain. This creature will also regain most of the stamina used jumping while in the air (Level Speed).
- Swimmer: This creature is a strong swimmer as it moves more quickly than it does on land and lacks the oxygen stat. (Level Health and Stamina).
- Cement Factory: This creature can gather decent quantities of Cementing Paste in a short period of time. It also gathers Chitin in addition to the cementing paste. A good tactic is to ride it into the swamp and kill something as Meganeura are attracted to corpses. Once they begin feeding, attack and the swarm will come to you. Level HP and Damage (damage will not increase the Cementing Paste received, but will increase your survivability against a swarm).
- Raiding: This creature is quite adept at raiding. It's able to make quick escapes, raid higher level bases by overcoming higher walls, and its tongue attack can quickly tranquilize enemy survivors in quick succession (Level Health, Melee Damage, and Speed).
- Taming: This creature's tongue attack makes it a great tool for knocking creatures unconscious, as it also deals minimal damage. It can also be used as a last resort for keeping a creature's torpor high (Level Health, Melee Damage, and Speed).
- Leech Farmer: It appears that Leeches do not agro on tamed Beezlebufos, so this makes them great for harvesting Leech Blood.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
|Cementing Paste is produced by harvesting Titanomyrma and Meganeura.|
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Beelzebufo, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- As of update v260.0 the Beelzebufo can now attack in the water
- Dossier released on August 12, 2015.
- Its name means "Lord of the Toads", from Beel, the Hebrew form of the Ugaritic word Ba'al meaning "lord", and Bufo, a large genus of toad. Often confused with Beelzebub "Lord of the Flies."
- While the in-game creature Beelzebufo palucocus is big enough to be ridden, the real-world Beelzebufo ampinga only reached around 50 cm in length. Though there were other frogs large enough to dwarf a medium-sized dog.
- Their tongue attack can only travel horizontally. When attempting to knock one out, stand on top of one of the large rocks that are abundant in the swamp and shoot it from there with a Slingshot or Tranquilizer Arrows.
- The Beelzebufo can be picked up by an Argentavis.
- Be careful when attacking large quantities of Drones or Titanoboa with the Beelzebufo. Its low base health makes it highly vulnerable to damage.
- The Beelzebufo, despite not having the highest movement speed, is quite possibly the best form of transportation on The Island, aside from flying mounts. Its ability to jump long distances and up cliffs makes it a good animal for traveling a distance on.
- Beelzebufo will only mate in water and their eggs are aquatic. Be careful the Beelzebufo must stay underwater until full grown or it will die instantly.
- As of Mobile v1.0.95, Beelzebufo will drop Frog Legs, which can be used to craft Frog Feet.
- If you use an admin blink rifle while riding a toad, you can teleport, still use the jumping animation, and the toad will look riderless.
- The Beelzebufo does not produce feces.
- Frogs like most other amphibians hatch with gills for breathing under water, but undergo a metamorphosis where they gain lungs after which they breathe air only (unlike Ark’s Beelzebufo).
- In Helena's notes she didn't draw a saddle with a check mark in her art. The saddle lets other survivors know that the tamed creature can be ridden.