admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Cnidaria/Cnidaria_Character_BP.Cnidaria_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Cnidaria
admincheat summon Cnidaria_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Cnidaria/Cnidaria_Character_BP_Aberrant.Cnidaria_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Cnidaria (Retrieve)
admincheat summon Cnidaria_Character_BP_Retrieve_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Retrieve/Ocean/Cnidaria_Character_BP_Retrieve.Cnidaria_Character_BP_Retrieve'" 500 0 0 35
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Cnidaria omnimorph is another example of a creature which should not exist. It has traits that seem derived from many types of jellyfish. It possesses the size and shape of large egg-yolk jellies, the powerful sting of certain box jellies, and the bioluminescence of deep-sea jellies. This all combines to make a dangerous creature that lights up the deepest reaches of the ocean.
Cnidaria is not generally aggressive, because it lacks normal perceptive senses. It generally just floats along on the current until something gets close enough to sense, at which point it attacks. While its attacks are not directly powerful, its sting injects an incredibly strong and fast-acting sedative.
As Cnidaria is barely more intelligent than a plant, there's no effective method to tame one.
Most tribes kill Cnidaria on sight, then collect its reserve of powerful sedative, to use in technically advanced long-distance tranquilizers.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Cnidaria is an aggressive creature, pursuing survivors at a slow pace. Despite the description they are NOT herbivores. Its attacks include torpor inducing stings and knocking riders off of their mounts. Do not underestimate this creature, as they can cripple almost anything, including apex predators such as Gigantosaurus and Mosasaurus, leaving them helpless as they slowly feed on them. However if one can avoid the crippling effect, it has low health and can be killed easily by players of any level. This makes the Cnidaria a common, deadly aquatic pest. They can be found alone but are most often found floating around in groups of three to five.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Cnidaria Omnimorph is a relatively large jellyfish compared to a human, with long trailing tentacles packed with venom to sedate both prey and predators. They are typically easy to spot at night and in deeper waters, as they glow a bright neon cyan color, but blend in during daylight near the surface, as they’re similar in color to the water.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
The Cnidaria always spawns with the same color scheme and has no color regions.
This means it is currently impossible to make alterations to the Cnidaria's colors.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase|
|Movement||Base Speed||Sprinting Speed|
|Melee||Stamina Cost||Attack Range||Description|
|Base||Minimum||Activation||The Cnidaria stings the target.|
|Attack Type||Damage||Projectile Values||Torpor Values||Status Effect: Stamina||Status Effect: Torpidity|
|Life||Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Cnidaria.
General[edit | edit source]
Cnidaria are aggressive but have a smaller aggro radius than other aquatic predators and are very slow. The easiest way to deal with them is to just swim around them or kill them with ranged weaponry.
Do not engage the Cnidaria in a melee fight. It only takes a single Cnidaria to stunlock your mount and force you off of it, and the stunned creature effectively can't do anything while the Cnidaria slowly chips it down. Their stun attack makes it near impossible to defeat one with a melee weapon, as you are effectively stuck in their attack while they either chip away at your health or drown you. On mobile, Doedicurus does not get stunned by their attacks. Still take damage though.
Be wary of Cnidaria camouflaged into the walls of underwater caves.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
It’s best to stay out of their deadly attack, and fire at them with a bow or gun. Use their low speed to your advantage, and make sure to swim away before they get too close. SCUBA Flippers are fantastic for this purpose.
Alternatively, you can use a Basilosaurus to kill them without any risk, because the Basilosaurus is immune to stuns. Neither you nor your mount will be stunned or damaged, and you will not be forced off your mount. In the underwater caves, they are the only viable option for clearing out predators because Cnidaria in caves are significantly stronger than ones in the open ocean.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Using a Crossbow from a raft or mount will work. If you don't have either of those, or don't want to use them, you can lure them to the shore and safely attack them from land.
If you are careful and don't approach too closely, a Tusoteuthis can effectively wipe out and harvest clusters of Cnidaria due to its massive attack range.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
They are very slow and have low health and attack range.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
- Swarming Tactics/Troll: Despite being untameable and usually useless beyond harvesting their Bio Toxin, they can be utilized for the cheeky purpose of congregation. All one has to do is to take a sea creature that is immune to the electric shocks of the Cnidaria, like a Basilosaurus or Tusoteuthis, and aggro a group of them, allowing them to follow you wherever is desired. Knowing this, one can attract sizable swarms of these jelly-fish, which can be led to another survivor's underwater base(if unsufficiently protected) to harass, knock-out, and/or kill tames and survivors. This trick can also be applied in underwater combat(though only reliable in specific circumstances) when used as a small buffer to protect oneself or deter an enemy as well as stun-locking and eventually killing survivors and tames if given the chance.
- Storing in Pens:
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Cnidaria, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- Dino Dossier was revealed on 09/30/15 on Steam.
- Cnidaria is actually the name of the phylum containing all jellyfish - plus corals, anemones, and other related animals.
- Cnidaria's genus name comes from the Greek word knide, meaning 'nettle'. Its species name Omnimorph roughly translates to "all forms". This refers to the fact that it resembles many different species of jellyfish rather than just one, as Helena points out in the dossier.
- Despite its similarities to real-world jellies, the Ark's Cnidaria can produce electricity, along with the explosive harpoon-like stinging cells called Nematocysts or Cnidocytes shared by all animals within the phylum Cnidaria, to tranquilize prey into submision.
- Basilosaurus, Liopleurodon and Tusoteuthis are the only creatures that won't be paralyzed by Cnidaria, however Tusoteuthis's movement speed will be decreased if it's being zapped by them.
- The dossier states that Cnidaria could be harvested and used for "technically advanced long-distance tranquilizers", referring to the Shocking Tranquilizer Dart you are able to craft from the Bio Toxin dropped by Cnidaria.
- v253.9 brought the Cnidaria to The Center map.
- Interestingly, the dossier calls it a herbivore but if forcetamed it will eat meat. This is most likely an oversight of the developers.