|Requires electricity to run. Consumes bullets while firing. Can be configured to automatically attack hostiles within range.|
|Ammo used||Advanced Rifle Bullet|
|Ranged damage||77 / 123|
|Rate of fire||2.86 RPS|
|DPS||220.22 / 351.78|
|Health||3,000 / 6,000|
cheat giveitemnum 197 1 0 0
cheat GFI Turret 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_Turret.PrimalItemStructure_Turret'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 68|
|Engram Points||40 EP|
|Crafting XP||140 XP|
|Used to craft||1 item|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
70 × Electronics
Resources breakdown [ ]
140 × Electronics
280 × Metal Ingot
40 × Polymer
|Cost||750 × Charges|
The Auto Turret is a fully automatic turret which can automatically target and fire on enemy dinos, players, both, or all (which includes wild dinos) within its range, as well as RPGs and Grenade. The fact that the turret does not need any guidance makes it an invaluable resource to defend against raiding, whilst your tribe is offline. This turret uses Advanced Rifle Ammo. The Auto Turret requires electricity to run.
The Plant Species X is an organic version of the Auto Turret and provides similar value.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Turrets can be customized to attack players, tamed creatures, and/or wild creatures. Turrets can also be set to a custom range. Turrets can also shoot above and below — assuming they have a line of sight of the target — making them a good defense against flyers. Auto Turrets can also shoot Grenades and Rocket Propelled Grenades out of the sky, useful against raiders.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Range[edit | edit source]
The Auto Turret has multiple range settings, which correspond to the following distances:
- Low: 20 meters (approx. 6 foundations)
- Medium: 53 meters (approx. 14 foundations)
- High: 81 meters (approx. 21 foundations) Note: Video below mentioned approx. 20 Foundations
Targeting[edit | edit source]
There are seven targeting settings. (All of these settings ignore survivors and tamed creatures belonging to your tribe and alliances.)
- All Targets: Attacks players, tamed creatures, wild creatures, and grenades/RPG's.
- Survivors & Mounted Creatures: Attacks players and creatures mounted by a player, and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Survivors or Tamed Creatures: Attacks players, tamed creatures, and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Survivors and Mounted Creatures: Attacks players, tamed creatures, and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Survivors: Attacks only players, and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Wild: Attacks wild creatures, and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Tamed Creatures: Attacks tamed creatures, and grenades/RPG's.
Alarm[edit | edit source]
The alarm setting will give intruding players time to leave the area before they are shot at. Alarms take some time to reset, so if the intruding player hides within the turret's range, they will be shot at immediately without another alarm.
- 4 Second Warning
- 2 Second Warning
- No Warning (default)
Note: The warning doesn't delay the projectiles shot.
Damage Multipliers[edit | edit source]
- As of patch 231.4, turrets do 2.2x damage vs. all dinos.
There is no longer any separate multiplier for flying dinos.
Painting and Color Regions[edit | edit source]
The Auto Turret is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of 242.0, the Auto Turret can no longer be built on Quetzal, Brontosaurus, Mosasaurus, Plesiosaur, or Paracer platform saddles. Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of "OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true". Otherwise they're now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.
- As of Xbox version 783.12, the "Override Structure Platform Prevention" setting does not allow Auto Turret placement on Titanosaur Platforms on Xbox (tested Feb 23, 2019).
- The Auto Turret cannot be damaged by the Tek Rifle or Tek Saddle (e.g. Rex Tek Saddle) blasts. This is for game balance because their projectiles have a higher range, do splash damage, and cannot be shot down.
- The Auto Turret cannot be damaged by catapult boulders, but it CAN be damaged by ballista bolts launched from a ballista. The cannon deals more damage, though.
- Despite being made and having the appearance of metal, the Auto Turret is treated as a stone structure.
- The Auto Turret is treated as a stone structure and can only be damaged by:
- Metal Weapons (5%)
- Tek Sword (~218%)
- Explosives (150%)
- Ballista Turret (40%)
- Cannon (~137%)
- Therizinosaur (Headbutt only, ~2%)
- Dunkleosteus (15%)
- Corrupted Creatures
- Alpha Creatures (10%)
- Enraged Creatures
- DodoRex (300%)
- Dodo Wyvern (300%)
- Bosses (10%)
- Titanosaur (~462%)
- Defense Unit (~462%)
- These can damage stone, but can not damage auto turrets:
- By default, the Auto Turret, Heavy Auto Turret, and Plant Species X have a limit of 100 combined within a 34 foundation radius. This number can be raised in server settings. This check is done on a turret by turret basis, so different numbers will show up depending on how far away turrets are from each other. Once a limit is exceeded, the affected turrets won't fire until the number goes back down.
- On ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile, the Auto Turret, Eerie Turret, and Plant Species X have a limit of 10 combined within a 16 foundation radius.
Video Walkthrough[edit | edit source]