|A mysterious implant attached to your arm.|
cheat giveitemnum 133 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Notes/PrimalItem_StartingNote.PrimalItem_StartingNote'" 1 0 0
The Specimen Implant is a strange, unique device implanted in the left arm of every survivor who finds themselves stranded on the ARK. The implant can be observed immediately after creating a new survivor or re-spawning an existing one—as they regain consciousness, your survivor will briefly glance at their left arm, which prominently features the implant. In addition to being fixed to your character's arm, it also occupies the first slot in your survivor's Inventory.
The active implant belonging to a living survivor cannot be dropped, however implants appear to 'deactivate' upon the death of their host, and can be removed from a dead survivor's corpse. A survivor can even re-collect their own implant after re-spawning (along with the rest of their items), provided they make it back in time. This will result in possessing two implants, one active and one inactive, as your survivor will re-spawn with a brand-new implant each time they are killed.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Though little is currently known about the true nature of the device, it quickly becomes clear that the device is essential for daily survival on the ARK. The implant is involved in a variety of everyday activities for survivors, including accessing the Inventory, Crafting, Leveling, and unlocking Engrams. It is also involved in interactions with other alien structures and technology found throughout the ARK, such as Obelisks.
All of these actions appear to use your implant automatically, and as such the inventory item representing your implant has no known use and appears to be cosmetic. Similarly, a deactivated implant collected from a corpse does not appear to have any use, though some Player-Killers choose to keep the implants of their victims as trophies, or as proof-of-kill for a bounty.
Players who have completed Ascension gain new implants based on the difficulty of the Tek Cave they completed. Gamma grants 5 extra levels to the maximum, Beta grants 10, and Alpha grants 15. Additional Ascension on Aberration from Rockwell also grants an additional 5, 10, or 15 levels as well as a unique Aberrant glow. (Both ascensions stacks up to 140 for beating both Alpha variants. After including 105 base levels from XP and 5 more from Chibi Pets) Beating Corrupted Master Controller in Genesis Simulation and ascend to reality gives a unique implant attachment on top of the implant, and increase total by 15 at Alpha, maxing up to 155.
Completion of Extinction permanently removes the implant from the survivor, along with any previous prefix the implant may have, and in place, an item called Homo Deus Record which functions similarly to Specimen Implant (If Rockwell was defeated, the survivor will still possess the aberrant glow icon if they had ascended from the related ARK). This only removes the Specimen Implant from the survivor that completed Extinction. Unlike the other version, this does not give any additional level.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Specimen Implant may be directly related to the 3 Obelisks. The same symbol is on them, so players may be using the "power" of the obelisks to access inventory and more.
- Once a player has completed Ascension, their implant displays the bosses they have defeated.
- If the player's survivor has ascended from beating Rockwell at least once when opening inventory while riding a dino, even though the arm with the implant doesn't raise up, the aberrant glow from the implant still shows as if the arm has raised up.
- Your Implant will tell you which bosses you have beaten if any at all. Look in your inventory at your implant. Under where it says "Survival Quotient:" in red letters if you see "To Be Determined" it means you have beaten no bosses. If you have beaten any bosses it will instead say the difficulty and boss type underneath.
- King Titan does not show up in the display, instead showing it as either "Gamma", "Beta" or "Alpha" respectively in the record.
- Accessing inventory with an Aberrant Implant while on a dinosaur/creature, or doing certain actions (i.e Climbing on a ladder, or climbing surface with Climbing Pick ) will show its glow as if the hand was raised.
- In the Extinction DLC trailer the survivor is seen with an Alpha Ascension Implant.
- It also shows the player's id number. This can help server admins able to teleport or give items to the online players via spawn commands.
- In the Genesis: Part 1 DLC trailer the survivor is shown with no implant.