Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This modern bunk-style bed has two mattresses, and a high thread count. Acts as a respawn point for you and your tribe with half cooldown time.|
|1L × 0.6W × 1H|
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_Bed_Modern.PrimalItemStructure_Bed_Modern'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 54|
|Engram Points||28 EP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
The Bunk Bed is a structure that acts a spawn point and fast-travel location for players and their Tribes. Players can respawn here upon death, or fast-travel to and from it using another bed. The Bunk Bed is the upgraded version of the Simple Bed.
Usage[edit | edit source]
When a player dies, they can choose to respawn at any Beds that they own, instead of using the standard "random respawn" feature (although this option is still available). The respawn map that the dead player sees will show map markers at all available beds.
Unlike Hide Sleeping Bags, Beds are not consumed upon use and can be reused infinitely and by any tribe member. However, they have a 2.5 minute cooldown between uses. Compared to the Simple Bed, the respawn cooldown is halved, which means players can respawn twice as frequently at the Bunk Bed.
The player can also use multiple beds for Fast-Traveling by pressing the use key on a bed (e, , ), or through the radial action menu (default: hold e, , ). The player can then travel from this bed to any other bed that they have access to. However, using this feature will cause the player to drop all the items they are carrying at the bed that they fast-traveled from, so it is best to store these items beforehand.
Up to two players can lay on the bed by holding the use key (default: hold e, , ) and selecting, "Lay on Bed" from the radial menu, then don't click it but release the use key. If you log out while laying on bed, you'll remain in sleeping pose on the bed, and will stay on the bed even while it moves on a dynamic platform. You can still be damaged and killed when on the bed.
Painting and Color Regions
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bunk Beds can be placed on foundations and ceilings.
- Bunk Beds can be renamed through the radial action menu. This will make it easier to sort through multiple beds when selecting a respawn or fast-travel location.
- Bags and Beds can be used interchangeably. You can fast-travel from a bed to a bag, and vice versa.
- Remember that in Hardcore mode there are no respawns, and you lose your character (and therefore tribe membership) upon death. So Beds and Sleeping Bags are only used for Fast-Travel.
- While the Bunk Bed makes a nice decorative structure, the cost is very high and is not practical unless being used quite often. You might only considering the Bunk Bed usefull on platform Saddles as other beds might be destroyed very easy.
- The Bunk Bed is treated as a stone structure and can only be damaged by:
- Metal Weapons (5%)
- Tek Sword (~218%)
- Explosives (150%)
- Ballista Turret (40%)
- Cannon (~137%)
- Therizinosaur (Headbutt only, ~2%)
- Dunkleosteus (15%)
- Corrupted Creatures
- Alpha Predators (10%)
- Enraged Creatures
- DodoRex (300%)
- Dodo Wyvern (300%)
- Bosses (10%)
- Titanosaur (~462%)
- Defense Unit (~462%)
- These can damage stone, but can not damage auto turrets: