Canyons (Scorched Earth)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Scorched Earth|
The Canyons are a location in the DLC: Scorched Earth.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Aside from the Oasis, the Canyons is the only source of non-depletable water. That, combined with the natural defenses of the canyon walls and the cooler ambient temperature making it a prime location for settlement. However, it is still home to various predators and the occasional Rock Elemental, so one will have to take care in clearing out the area if one wants to build here.
Surroundings[edit | edit source]
The Canyons is a perfect place to gather flint, stone, and small amounts of metal due to its relative abundance of river rocks. Along the bottom of the Canyons, one can find a considerable amount of silica pearls. A few small bodies of water can be found along the bottom of the Canyons,as can small, shallow streams.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
- Jug Bug
- Terror Bird
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Rare[edit | edit source]
- Dung Beetle
- Rock Elemental
- Thorny Dragon
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Plant Species Y Seed
- Rare Flower
- Rare Mushroom
- Silica Pearls
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Keep an eye out for silica pearls while you venture down into the Canyons, for they can be found in abundance along the bottom of riverbeds as well as at the bottom of small ponds.
- Procoptodons are a very common creature to find wandering about in the Canyons, so it is a good place to check and see if you can find one to tame. Alas, rare mushrooms cannot be found in the Canyons, so survivors like yourself have to go about finding rare mushrooms in other biomes.
- Be wary when venturing close to small bodies of water. Kaprosuchus could catch survivors by surpise if they are not careful. So, it is recommended that you be on the lookout for these ambush predators when going to a body of water to drink or fish. Also keep in mind that kaprosuchus can spawn in pairs, so watch out!
- The relative coolness of the Canyons biome makes it a perfect region to build a shelter. Just keep an eye out for voracious predators that could make your life in the Canyons miserable and frustrating.
- Do not forget to be on the lookout for rock elementals, for they can ambush survivors without warning. It is recommended to bring magnifying glasses or spyglasses on your expeditions into the Canyons biome.
- If you're a survivor that likes the taste of fish, then the Canyons biome is the place for you! Coelacanths can be found in the small ponds that dot along the Canyons. Just be on your guard when fishing for coelacanths, because kaprosuchus could leap out, paralyze you, then dine on your corpse if you are not careful.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Maps||Resource Map • Explorer Map • Creature Spawn Map|
|Regions||Badlands • Canyons • Dunes • High Desert • Low Desert • Oasis • Mountains • The World Scar|
|Caves||Grave of the Tyrants • The Old Tunnels • Ruins of Nosti|