You can help by finding its map locations in-game and updating them
You can help by finding its map locations in-game and updating them
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Taming
- 3 Combat
- 4 Utility
- 5 Notes/Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Carnotaurus pressor is a distinctive creature that falls between a medium and large predator. It lives primarily on flat, clear ground, where it can capitalize on its speed. Additionally, it seems to have no qualms about running away from larger predators instead of fighting.
The horns of the Carnotaurus seem to be used more for fighting rivals than actual hunting. This doesn't mean the horns aren't dangerous, though. They can still eviscerate larger prey.
Carnotaurus is one of the smaller and more compact of the large predators. If Tyrannosaurus is the “lion” of the Island, Carnotaurus would certainly be the “cheetah.” The real threat of a Carnotaurus is not being able to escape it once it has spotted you.
Carnotaurus fills a very specific role. Larger and almost as fast as a Raptor, smaller but much faster than a Rex.
Were it not for the creature's extremely long down-time after sprinting, it might be among the most capably balanced mounts.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
They will attack anything on sight, and have a fairly large aggravation range. However, they seem to prioritize other dinosaurs over humans. Their headbutt attack will throw the person backwards, potentially off of a cliff. Carnotaurus can be seen in groups of 3 following a wild Yutyrannus in the winter biome.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Carnotaurus is a mid-sized theropod somewhat like a smaller Tyrannosaurus in terms of shape. It does have several distinct features though; the most notable are a blunt head with two forward-facing horns and arms so stubby they make those of a Tyrannosaurus seem well developed in comparison.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Carnotaurus's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Carnotaurus. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Carnotaurus will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
Server admins can use this region information in the Console Command "cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>".
For example, "cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6" would color the Carnotaurus's "body" magenta.
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpor increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Taming[edit | edit source]
|Kibble (Ankylo Egg)||3||0||0||0||0:10:48|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||11||12||3||2||0:24:44|
|Raw Prime Meat||7||0||0||0||0:15:46|
|Cooked Prime Meat||14||26||6||3||0:31:28|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||18||2||1||1||0:20:16|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||35||46||9||5||0:40:28|
|Raw Fish Meat||53||87||18||9||0:59:38|
|Cooked Fish Meat||105||85||17||9||0:59:04|
|× 35; × 15; × 4; × 3; × 2; × 1:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:19:26|
|Kibble (Ankylo Egg)||7||0||0||0||0:25:12|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||25||81||17||9||0:56:12|
|Raw Prime Meat||17||21||5||3||0:38:16|
|Cooked Prime Meat||34||148||31||16||1:16:25|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||42||51||11||6||0:47:16|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||84||217||45||23||1:37:06|
|Raw Fish Meat||125||361||74||37||2:20:38|
|Cooked Fish Meat||250||361||74||37||2:20:38|
|× 96; × 40; × 11; × 7; × 5; × 3:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:32:04|
|Kibble (Ankylo Egg)||10||0||0||0||0:35:59|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||40||204||43||22||1:29:55|
|Raw Prime Meat||27||83||18||9||1:00:46|
|Cooked Prime Meat||54||333||70||35||2:01:22|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||67||144||30||15||1:15:23|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||134||472||99||50||2:34:54|
|Raw Fish Meat||200||761||160||80||3:45:01|
|Cooked Fish Meat||400||761||160||80||3:45:01|
|× 159; × 65; × 18; × 11; × 8; × 4:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:40:43|
|Kibble (Ankylo Egg)||14||17||4||2||0:50:23|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||55||367||79||40||2:03:37|
|Raw Prime Meat||37||174||37||19||1:23:16|
|Cooked Prime Meat||74||572||122||61||2:46:20|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||92||271||58||29||1:43:31|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||184||794||169||85||3:32:41|
|Raw Fish Meat||275||1256||268||134||5:09:23|
|Cooked Fish Meat||550||1256||268||134||5:09:23|
|× 222; × 91; × 25; × 15; × 11; × 6:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:47:00|
|Kibble (Ankylo Egg)||18||69||15||8||1:04:46|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||70||565||123||62||2:37:20|
|Raw Prime Meat||47||289||63||32||1:45:46|
|Cooked Prime Meat||94||854||185||93||3:31:17|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||117||427||93||47||2:11:38|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||234||1171||254||127||4:30:29|
|Raw Fish Meat||350||1831||397||199||6:33:46|
|Cooked Fish Meat||700||1831||397||199||6:33:46|
|× 285; × 117; × 32; × 19; × 13; × 7:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:51:56|
|Kibble (Ankylo Egg)||22||136||30||15||1:19:10|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||84||778||171||86||3:08:48|
|Raw Prime Meat||57||424||93||47||2:08:16|
|Cooked Prime Meat||114||1173||258||129||4:16:14|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||142||608||134||67||2:39:46|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||284||1595||351||176||5:28:17|
|Raw Fish Meat||425||2473||544||272||7:58:08|
|Cooked Fish Meat||850||2473||544||272||7:58:08|
|× 348; × 142; × 39; × 23; × 16; × 8:|
|Torpor-depletion: , Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:56:00|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
KO Strategy[edit | edit source]
Be careful when confronting a Carno. They are powerful and will gang up on you. Often, the best method would be using a Scorpion and/or Tranquilizer Arrows, but it can be done with other methods of applying torpor, albeit at a greater risk.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Carnotaurus.
General[edit | edit source]
The Carno is one of the island's mid-sized predators. While smaller than a Rex, it can be very deadly. Its medium speed causes it to be a quite deadly predator, but can be killed at a distance with a ranged weapon. If approached with a melee weapon, the Carno can pose a notable threat to an unprepared survivor. It can knock a player back and charge once more.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Attempt to avoid unless the player is confident it can take the Carno successfully. Be sure there aren't any other Carnos or other creatures in the area that can turn the battle against you. Also, make sure the Carno is not glowing red. If it is, that's an Alpha Carno!
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
The Carno has a powerful head-butting attack, if not careful the player could fall from a high point, either to instant death or to slaughter by other animals. When tamed you can employ this tactic on prey and other creatures. It is a powerful advantage over Raptors and other animals, which do relatively no knockback. Until then, use spears and pikes to out-distance it, or use ranged weapons like guns or bows.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Make sure that the battle consists of just you and the Carno. Any decent level small-mid sized carnivore will do to fight it as they don't have a lot of health. Make sure you aren't near a cliff while fighting as it has immense knockback on a player on foot.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
The Carno is a secondary-size predator, so it can be killed relatively easily, provided the player can take what it throws back.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
- Damage: Excellent base damage and good for chasing down prey short distances. (Level up Melee Damage, Stamina and some Movement Speed)
- Transport: Average stamina and has a very good base carrying capacity. Good for local and semi-local transport. (Level up Weight, Movement Speed and Stamina)
- Hunter: While over-looked in favor of the Tyrannosaurus, they are a good starting meat collector. (Level up Melee Damage, Movement Speed and Weight)
- Guardian: While overshadowed by other mounts, Carno's make excellent guardians, especially with Tames. Their size relative to damage allows them to dish out excellent base damage with high precision, something Tyrannosaur's lack. (Level up Melee Damage, Health and Stamina)
- Intimidation Tame: Although not as scary as the Tyrannosaurus, the sight of a Carno could possibly scare off potential threats and even ward off raiders...or even the victims of your raid! (Level up Health, Stamina and Movement Speed)
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
|Raw Prime Meat||★★★★★|
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Carnotaurus, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- The Carnotaurus illustrations in the dossier are shown with longer arms than the ones in-game, which are accurately portrayed with stubby forelimbs that lay flush against the body. Presumably, this may have been a drawing error by the author.
- The general portrayal of the Carnotaurus shows longer arms and a shorter, wider head, much like the Carnotaurus from the Disney movie Dinosaur. It's possible that Carnotaur was meant to look like this but the model ended up being made more accurate. As it stands, the Carnotaurus currently has the most accurate model compared to its real life counterpart, the only difference being that it is larger.
- The Carnotaurus's name translates from Latin into "flesh-eating bull".
- The Carnotaurus's speed in game is justified; examination of the flexibility of the hip and tail structures of fossils indicate that the Carnotaurus may have been one of, if not the, fastest large theropod. However, it could not make turns very well due to the rigid structure of its chest and spine.
- Despite the Carnotaurus's Dossier stating that it is "much faster than a Tyrannosaurus", in-game, the average wild Rex actually has roughly equivalent sprinting speed, faster walking speed, but less stamina when compared the average wild Carno.
- The stats for a tamed Carno versus a tamed Rex are very different; a tamed Rex is actually considerably faster in a sprint than a tamed Carno, and while a Carno's stamina will last longer, it also takes much longer to recover. Do not necessarily expect your tamed Carno to leave a hostile tribe's tamed Rex behind.
- Can be picked up by a Quetzal.
- The Carnotaurus is one of the few dinos whose base color regions include a color other than white (the green markings near its legs and along its back.) This makes it so the Carnotaurus always appears to have green stripes even if Color Region 4 would be different.
- Bred Carnotauruses with Imprinting can become very powerful and able to take on wild Rexes and Alpha Raptors, even lower level Alpha Carnos. They are relatively quick to grow up (around 48 hours) making imprinting easier to achieve compared to Rexes that take around twice the time to grow up. They also spawn in great numbers and are easier to knock out than Rexes so finding good breeding material is often easier.
- Can be found Very Commonly in the Southern High desert atop the mountain in Scorched Earth.
- The name "Carnotaurus Pressor" translates into "Crusher Meat Eating Bull"