Castle of the Swamp (Ragnarok)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Ragnarok|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
Castle of the Swamp, or The Haunted Castle is a dilapidated castle in the middle of Ragnarok.
Overview[edit | edit source]
In the basement there is a flooded passage to the Carnivorous Caverns (at 21.2, 40.4). The castle is a very dangerous area for low-level and even mid-level players. The castle has huge swarms of Araneos, Onycs, and Pulminoscorpious, and have abnormally high levels up to 500 in default. It's recommended to bring high-quality shotguns and Flak armor when exploring the castle. Below the castle is a small swamp. The swamp is home to Sarcos, Dimetrodons, Leeches, and other creatures. Even Baryoynx can be found in the swamp. Can be a good spot for building a base, if you have the right preparations.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Onyc and Araneos have higher levels than the server max wild dino is set at.
- These creatures are untameable.
- If you wish to build here, keep in mind 6x cave damage will be applied.
- The best way to build a base here is to place multiple thatch foundations on each floor and on the pillars surrounding the castle, preventing all future dino spawns.
- The swamp is home to a surprising number of Kaprosuchus, so exploring here on foot is not advised.
- The Allosaurus pack may spawn in a small patch of grass within the walls of the castle, making them unable to move and thus easy to pick off.
- You can place a well in the castle garden if you want to grow veggies.
- You don't have to go into the basement when you first move into the castle. It's completely optional and easily ignorable until you are ready.
- If your character have a good sword you don't need a metal shield, just bring along a wooden shield and rush the spiders to block their webs.
- The basement is dark and if you wish to clear it out, it is recommended to use a weapon with a flashlight attachment.
- You can lock off the upper floors with behemoth gates, but the main floor requires a reinforced gate.
- You have to repair the bridge yourself, but it will require you jumping from one section to another.
- If you are afraid of a raid place behemoths on the bridge and hide C4 underneath the different self-built segments. The gates will make it harder to get through and prevent raiders from constructing their own bridge.
- Place turrets or plants on the upper floors to prevent flyers.