Caverns of Lost Hope
|This article is a stub. You can help ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
46.4° Lat, 83.4° Lon
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Extremely cold temperatures.
- A vast portion of the cave is underwater.
- Extreme quantities of Mosasaurus, Plesiosaur, Tusoteuthis and other dangerous aquatic animals.
- Surprisingly, the water within the cave is well lit and does NOT require a Scuba Mask.
- Creatures that spawn in this cave cannot be tamed, even if lured outside of the cave.
- Creatures with very high levels can spawn.
- Be cautious because the creatures don't move through the cave and can be found hiding inside the walls. Almost like they're asleep.
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- A tamed Aquatic dinosaur
- A sabertooth with high speed (for getting chitin)
Tips/Notes[edit | edit source]
- The artifact lies fairly close to the entrance of the cave, at the end of a narrow tunnel that starts down behind an Obelisk-tech structure (see gallery below). The rest of the cave is ripe with creatures to slay, but is not abundant in any particular resource nor can any of the creatures be tamed. At the end of the submerged caverns is what appears to be a standard cave filled with subterranean creatures and a couple Survivor Entries.
- The only loot crates found to date were in the submerged cavern, leaving the cave at the end undesirable to explore once the Explorer Notes have been collected.
- There are several ways to obtain the artifact, but two suggested methods are by using brute force, or by a high-speed bypass.
- Brute Force involves owning a high-level Mosasaurus/Tusoteuthis/Similar and just killing everything on the way in or out. This can be highly time consuming and requires that your tribe own high-level dinos of these types.
- High-speed bypass requires an Ichthy(Inarguably simpler, and cheaper, to tame) or a Manta with high speed (suggested, at least 150%, for best results), in which you simply speed through the cave, ignoring as many enemies as possible on the way to the artifact. Be sure to put your mount on passive in case it gets attacked when you get off to get the artifact, however; They will not last long alone. You may be forced to kite enemies away from the artifact before grabbing it, since these dinosaurs cannot reliably fight large groups. Be wary of Cnidaria and Tusoteuthis using this method, as they can quickly bring your speed run to a halt if you are knocked off your mount, or it is grabbed.
- The loot table found within this cave shares a loot table exclusive to the two underwater artifact caves. The tables are as follows:
- Blue Chests (level 50 to open) can contain Diplodocus Saddles, Kapro Saddles, Pachyrhino Saddles, Flak Armor, Mining Helmet, Megalodon Saddles, Argent Saddles, Bronto Saddles, Rex Saddles, Spino Saddles, Fabricated Pistols, Assault Rifles and Rocket Launchers
- Yellow Chests (level 60 to open) can contain anything from the Blue Chest table, in addition to Chalico Saddles and Tapejara Saddles
- Red Chests (level 70 to open) can contain anything from both the Blue and Yellow Chest tables, in addition to Therizino Saddles and Tusoteuthis Saddles
The end result are chests with very high valued loot, as they contain newer saddles only found within the two caves, as well as a higher-than-average chance at decent quality Flak Armor compared to other sources. All three chest tables also contain loot at a quality range of 3.25 - 4.0, meaning an increased likelihood of Mastercraft and Ascendant quality items.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Megalodon
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Resources[edit | edit source]
Sporadic metal and obsidian nodes within the submerged tunnels, and rubble nodes within the cave.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Artifact Of The Cunning Crate
|Plains||Eastern Plains • The Frigid Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Redwood Forests • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • The Maw • Smuggler's Pass • The Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lava Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena • Overseer Arena|