Central Cave is referred to as "The Middle Chamber" in ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile
|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "PC Update v252.0 introduced an entirely new cave design.
Most of the information on this page is no longer valid including, but not limited to walk-throughs, tips, notes, and recommendations, compatible tamed creatures, possible dangers, loot, and coordinates."
41.5° Lat, 46.9° Lon
Artifact of the Clever
39.6° Lat, 45.9° Lon
39.6° Lat, 45.9° Lon
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Tight corridors which can make fights requiring range a huge problem. Especially dangerous with Megalosaurus around the corner when using splash damage weapons.
- Multiple paths that loop back together may cause some players to get lost.
- Large amounts of Piranha are in the water section which is difficult to see before being in the water. Do not enter the water without a strong mount.
- Arthropluera acid attack will break Primitive Flak Armor in 1 - 2 hits.
- Megalosaurus become active here at night and are fierce opponents with devastating attacks. During the day they are slower and weaker than they are at night, but running into one is still an unpleasant experience.
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Chitin Armor or better.
- Crossbow and Grappling Hooks
- Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew
- Stimberry or Stimulant
- Bug Repellant
- Simple Shotgun Ammo
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Bringing a high level Baryonyx or sabertooth is by far one of the most effecient methods to clearing this cave. The Baryonyx and sabertooth can easily enter the cave and get to the Artifact of the Clever. There is also a lake filled with Piranhas, allowing you to get tons of fish meat to heal your Baryonyx.
- This cave can also easily be cleared with a mounted Doedicurus, who's high damage tail swing and armored body make short work of the predators in the cave. Explore during the day but be extremely careful when confronting large swarms of enemies especially Arthropleura. Attack rapidly and attempt to run past the enemies if you're coming out. If you lose too much health or gain torpor, stay in a corner and rest until you have fully recovered. Continuing on weakened could get you killed. Bring small attackers like Dimorphodon, Kaprosuchus, or Raptors with you for backup if you need to.
- The ranged heavy damage of Gigantopithecus will help you clear this cave with little effort, even without Bug Repellent. But you will have to dismount to get the artifact and you won't be able to harvest chitin with it.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Probably the easiest cave on The Island. Many Creatures can fit inside effortlessly.
- There is an underwater segment in the artifact room that is NOT necessary to obtain the artifact.
- Central Cave is also referred to as "Chitin Cave" because of how easy it is to obtain chitin while riding on a Sabertooth, Direwolf or Raptor.
- This cave also contains two dossier Explorer notes: The Megalodon and Araneo.
- On mobile, the Trike dossier is also in this cave, next to the Megalodon dossier.
- This cave is a common place for Megalosaurus spawns, making it a prime destination if you wish to tame these animals.
- Due to tight spaces, fighting on foot is very troublesome. Using Grenades, Shotguns or ranged Weapons to fight around corners is a good idea. But if you disturb a Megalosaurus in the process, you and your mounts may be in grave danger.
- Megatherium DO NOT FIT in the entrance and can only be brought into the cave with a Cryopod.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
old Cavelayout prior to 254.0