Chainsaw (Scorched Earth)
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, Genesis: Part 1|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
|The fastest way to cut a tree.|
cheat GFI ChainSaw 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/WeaponChainsaw/PrimalItem_ChainSaw.PrimalItem_ChainSaw'" 1 0 0
|Found in Supply Crate||Yellow|
|Required level||Level 55|
|Engram Points||21 EP|
|Crafting XP||60 XP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
25 × Electronics
The Chainsaw is a tool in the Scorched Earth-DLC of ARK: Survival Evolved. The chainsaw is a very powerful weapon, while at the same time, great at harvesting. It is found in yellow drops on the Scorched Earth DLC. It uses Gasoline as Fuel/Ammo.
Usage[edit | edit source]
The chainsaw is used to obtain resources such as chitin, wood, and hide in higher quantities. It runs on Gasoline. It shows the current amount of gas in the weapon as a percentage with the number next to it the amount of gas in your inventory. Additionally, the chainsaw is very effective at harvesting oil, scrap metal, electronics, and element dust from slain Enforcer's.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
|Raw Prime Meat||★★★★☆|
|Chitin or Keratin||★★★★☆|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chainsaw will harvest large quantities of resources that you would normally get from an object - a Mantis usually gives 0-16 Organic Polymer when harvested with normal tools but can give around 30+ depending on the quality of the chainsaw.
- Higher quality Chainsaws are expensive to repair. You can somewhat offset the Polymer costs by using Organic Polymer, but make sure harvest enough with your Chainsaw before it breaks!
- The chainsaw deals torpor while dealing damage to a target.
- Melee damage does affect the DPS of a chainsaw and is more efficient at destroying stone structures than metal tools.
- The engram for the Chainsaw requires the engram for a Shotgun. This is a possible reference to the Evil Dead movies, in which the protagonist Ash uses a double-barrel shotgun and a chainsaw attached to his right arm in place of his hand.
Video Tutorial[edit | edit source]