Charge Lantern (Aberration)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Aberration, Valguero|
|Weaponized Charge Light that damages and stuns lifeforms. Place down to ward off dangers in an area. Uses Charge Batteries as fuel.|
|Ammo used||Charge Battery|
cheat GFI LanternCharge 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/WeaponRadioactiveLanternCharge/PrimalItem_WeaponRadioactiveLanternCharge.PrimalItem_WeaponRadioactiveLanternCharge'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 80|
|Engram Points||22 EP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
120 × Electronics
2 × Charge Battery
400 × Congealed Gas Ball
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Charge Lantern uses Charge Batteries as ammunition. It utilizes Charge Light to fire electrical voltage at the desired target. Most creatures are unfazed/unhurt by the weapon's light, however, it is especially useful against the Nameless and the Reaper.
When the Charge Lantern is thrown by pressing alt-fire, it is placed down and acts as a light source in form of a spotlight. When used in this way, it deters the above mentioned creatures.
Charge Durations When Placed[edit | edit source]
Depending on the intensity, lanterns go through energy at different rates. Note that these times assume the server runs with zero rollbacks: for practical purposes, the real world times will be a bit longer.
|Intensity||Duration per Charge Unit||Fully Charged (500 Units)||Fully Charged with 50 Full Batteries (25,500 Units)|
|Low||1m||8h 20m||17d 17h|
|High||18s||2h 30m||5d 7h 30m|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Seekers thrive on the weapon. It invigorates them to attack, so it should not be used against them.
- The Charge Lantern does NOT kill Nameless, it just forces them to retreat for a while.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Charge Lantern is an invention made by Sir Edmund Rockwell.
- When used against a Nameless, it will attempt to cover its eyes from the Charge Lantern's light beam before burying itself away.
- Looks like Force Lightning from Star Wars when firing.