Climbing Pick (Aberration)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Aberration|
|Climb up and hang from nearly any surface with these!|
|Durability per use||2|
cheat GFI WeaponClimbPick 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponClimbPick.PrimalItem_WeaponClimbPick'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 34|
|Engram Points||16 EP|
|Crafted in|| Smithy |
Thorny Dragon Saddle
The Climbing Pick is a very useful tool introduced in the Aberration DLC. It can be used to climb up vertical walls and obstacles. Given that ARK Aberration features many vertical elements, survivors will find plenty of use for the climbing pick.
Usage[edit | edit source]
To use the climbing pick, walk up to the surface of a cliff/wall/rock/obstacle until you see a small green arc appear in front of you. If this arc does not appear, the pick will not work on that surface.
To initiate a climb, use your default attack button (default lmb, , ). Once you are attached to the surface look around and notice that the green arc moves around. The arc indicates where your next move will take you, this can be in virtually any direction. Use the same button you used to initiate the climb to continue climbing.
If the arc turns blue, this indicates that your next move will detach you from the surface and you will jump up/down and you should land safely on your target. If the arc turns red, it means you cannot move there.
You can also attack with the pick by using your alternate attack button (default rmb, , ). This attack can also be used while you are attached to a surface by using the same button. If on the ground, this can be used to harvest stone, metal and crystal.
The pick uses durability for each climbing move you make (not just the initial attaching) so make sure your pick won't break before you reach the top/bottom.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When climbing a wall, pressing spacebar will instantly disconnect you from the wall. While falling, you can re-attach yourself to the wall by pressing the attack button. However, this will deal big damage to the pick's durability, so it is not advised doing this often.
- During an Earthquake, you will be detached from the surface you are climbing if you try to move with the climbing picks during one of the tremors of the earthquake. You can still climb safely if you time your movements in between the tremors.
- Some time ago it was possible to go through open windows, but that has been patched and is now impossible (still possible on Xbox).
- The Engram can only be learnt on Aberration.
- Cannot be crafted with Fragmented Green Gem
|Hazard Suit||Hat • Shirt • Pants • Boots • Gloves|
|Tools||Charge Lantern • Climbing Pick • Glider Suit • Glow Stick • Pliers • Zip-Line Anchor • Zip-Line Motor|
|Weapons||Tek Railgun • Plant Species Z Fruit|
|Saddles||Basilisk • Karkinos • Ravager • Rock Drake (Tek) • Roll Rat|
|Harvesting||Stone Pick • Stone Hatchet • Metal Pick • Metal Hatchet • Metal Sickle • Chainsaw • Scissors • Fishing Rod|
|Preservation||Waterskin • Water Jar • Canteen • Cryopod (Empty) • Blood Extraction Syringe • Preserving Salt|
|Navigation/Travel||Torch • Glow Stick • Flare Gun • Spyglass • Compass • GPS • Climbing Pick • Glider Suit • Zip-Line Motor • Zip-Line Anchor • Transponder Tracker • Transponder Node|
|Cosmetic||Paintbrush • Spray Painter • Dye • Soap|
|Other||Camera • Delivery Crate • Dino Leash • Parachute • Magnifying Glass • Note • Radio • Smoke Grenade • Pliers • Taxidermy Tool|