The Basics[edit | edit source]
All recipes except Jerky[edit | edit source]
- Require a Waterskin, Water Jar or Canteen that is at least 25% full.
- Take 60 seconds to cook in a Cooking Pot (8x Thatch or 2x Wood or 1x Sparkpowder per recipe.)
- Cook using an Industrial Cooker is 12x faster, and it can hold much more items, can be irrigated and is powered by 1 × Gasoline for 15 minutes.
- Take 5 hours to spoil.
- Can be placed on a creature to extend spoiling time to 20 hours.
- Can be placed in a Preserving Bin to extend spoiling time to 2 days.
- Can be placed in a Refrigerator to extend spoiling time to 20 days.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Recipes can be found in the inventories of various carnivores. Recipes list the ingredients that can be put in the Cooking Pot or Industrial Cooker in order to craft food that gives extra buffs such as increased insulation, hp regeneration, stamina regeneration, prolonged oxygen and more. The Rockwell recipe items are not required to make any foods, acting only as an in-world guideline to cook the food items.
Some advanced food can be utilized by dinosaurs. They do get the benefit of the food (195.2).
Below is an updated list of current recipes found in the world:
|Enduro Stew||+35% Melee Damage
+1.2% Health per second
|Focal Chili||+25% Movement Speed
+100% Crafting Skill
|Lazarus Chowder||-85% Oxygen consumption underwater||10m||5h||1||10||5||5||2||9|
|Calien Soup||+50 Hyperthermic Insulation
-25% Water consumption
|Fria Curry||+50 Hypothermic Insulation
-25% Food consumption
|Medical Brew||+40 Health||5s||2h||1||20||2|
|Energy Brew||+40 Stamina||5s||1h||1||20||2|
|Sweet Vegetable Cake||+500 Health and heals 15% HP (over 10s)
when force fed to a tamed herbivore
|Shadow Steak Saute||+50% Hypothermic Insulation
+50% Hyperthermic Insulation -80% Weapon recoil
|Battle Tartare||+65% Melee Damage +15% Damage resistance||3m20||5h||1||20||2||3||1||1||8|
|Mindwipe Tonic||+Reset Attributes and Engrams||Instant||5h||1||200||20||20||72||72||24|
|Broth of Enlightenment||+50% increased Experience gain||20m||5h||1||10||2||2||2||2||5||1|
|Cooked Meat Jerky||Used for cooking kibbles||2d||1||3||1|
|Prime Meat Jerky||Used for cooking kibbles||2d||1||3||1|
|Cactus Broth||Reduce water consumption and hide partly from wild animals||10m||1h30||1||10||10||10||30|
|Mushroom Brew||Protects tame dinos from the effects of radiation||2m||5h||1||5||5||5||5||3||3|
|Nirvana Tonic||Resets Attributes but saves Engrams||Instant||5h||1||200||72||72||20||20||24||207|
|Medical Brew (Potent)||+70 Health||5s||2h||1||20||2||1|
|Energy Brew (Potent)||+70 Stamina||5s||2h||1||20||2||1|
Kibble[edit | edit source]
Egg-based Kibble are also cooked in a Cooking Pot, taking 30 seconds (4 thatch) and are used as specialized food when taming a creature. Although all kibble types will technically work to tame all creatures, certain creatures have a favorite type of Kibble that is 5x faster than regular food with much less taming effectiveness lost but using the wrong kibble is only 2/3 as effective as using the creature's regular food and will instead decrease the taming effectiveness.
Each Kibble, shown below, is cooked with a specific egg with 1 of the Advanced Crops and 1 of either Cooked Meat, Cooked Meat Jerky or Prime Meat Jerky, in addition, almost all kibble recipes require 2 × Mejoberries, 3 × Fiber and a Waterskin (or other water-container) with at least 25% water in it. Quetzal Egg kibble is currently the only exception which requires 100 × Mejoberries and 120 × Fiber instead of the aforementioned quantities.
Fertilized eggs can also be used to make Kibble. Breeding creatures is a great way to generate eggs on-demand.
|Kibble||Egg Type||First Resource||Second Resource||Third Resource||Fourth Resource|
|Basic Kibble||Extra Small Egg||5x Mejoberry||10x Amarberry||10x Tintoberry||1x Cooked Meat|
|Simple Kibble||Small Egg||2x Rockarrot||1x Cooked Fish Meat||-|
|Regular Kibble||Medium Egg||2x Longrass||2x Savoroot||1x Cooked Meat Jerky||-|
|Superior Kibble||Large Egg||2x Citronal||2x Rare Mushroom||1x Prime Meat Jerky||1x Sap|
|Exceptional Kibble||Extra Large Egg||10x Mejoberry||1x Rare Flower||1x Focal Chili||-|
|Extraordinary Kibble||Special Egg||1x Giant Bee Honey||1x Lazarus Chowder||-|
Kibble (Mobile)[edit | edit source]
|This section is about a feature exclusively available on Mobile|
RP Oriented Cooking System[edit | edit source]
The Custom Cooking System allows survivors to create their own Custom Consumable items with custom names and ingredients to provide different effects. In order to create a custom recipe, the items one wishes to use in the recipe should be placed into a Cooking Pot (However, this is not required as they can be added into the recipe in the cooking screen).
- A Note MUST be placed in the Cooking Pot before continuing. Once the note is placed inside the inventory, exit the inventory and hold E to access the options menu and select the Create New Recipe option. A new menu will appear with the ingredients in the cooking pot and other options as well, such as the options to choose the name and description of the consumable, as well as the dish type and icon/icon color, with 3 icons for each and a precise RGB color slider with color presets. Currently, the menu does not allow hotkey transfer of items, so they must be moved by dragging and dropping the items.
- Once satisfied with all options, click Make Recipe to finalize the recipe, and the new recipe will placed into the character inventory.
- Place the finished recipe into the cooking pot or Industrial Cooker with the required ingredients and light the fire to begin the cooking process.
- Only eight stacks of ingredients can be in a single recipe.
- Drugs and Premade Dishes can not be used in a recipe.
- All drinks require a Waterskin with at least 25% water; however, foods do not require water, unlike any Rockwell Recipes.
- See the Custom Consumable page for values and the consumable calculator.
- Crafting Speed provides a bonus to the stats of the recipe when it's created. When cooking, the crafting speed has no influence.