|This article is a stub. You can help ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
Crafting Skill is a measure of how fast you craft items and also which quality they have. Higher crafting skill reduces the amount of time it takes to craft an item, allowing you to craft more items in a shorter amount of time. Since you are slower while crafting, this also reduces the amount of time that you are slowed while crafting on the go. As of the Patch v224.0, crafting speed provides a bonus to the stats of custom food recipes upon cooking them. See Custom Consumable for more details. As of Patch v259.0, Crafting Skill will also improve the Item Quality of items you craft. The amount of Item Quality gained per point is not linear, but you will produce items with 64% bonus quality at 100 points in Crafting Skill.
Increasing[edit | edit source]
Putting a point into Crafting Skill will increase your crafting skill by 10%, however the actual bonus to damage stats of weapons translates to roughly 0.6%.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Crafting speed does not apply to items which you do not craft in your personal inventory but the item quality of blueprints you craft will increase. Items such as Narcotic or Simple Rifle Ammo do not receive speed increase since they are crafted in other containers.
- For items that are usually crafted en masse, such as Arrows the bonus from this stat can add up quickly.
- Eating Focal Chili will temporarily increase your crafting speed and custom recipe quality bonus, but not your blueprint quality bonus.
- Crafted Skill Bonus only applies to the bonus stats provided by a quality blueprint. For example, a weapon crafted from a 150% damage blueprint and 10% crafted skill bonus will result in a weapon that deals 150.6% damage. A 10% crafting skill bonus translates to roughly .6% damage bonus as of 1/17/2018
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Before v259.0 this skill was called "Crafting Speed" and only increased the crafting speed when crafting in your inventory.