Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
Crafting Skill is a measure of how fast you craft items (or in the case of Gacha, dropping high quality loot in the form of Gacha Crystals) and also which quality they have. Higher crafting skill reduces the amount of time it takes to craft an item, allowing you to craft more items in a shorter amount of time. Since you are slower while crafting, this also reduces the amount of time that you are slowed while crafting on the go. As of the Patch v224.2, crafting speed provides a bonus to the stats of custom food recipes upon cooking them. See Custom Consumable for more details. As of Patch v259.0, Crafting Skill will also improve the Item Quality of items you craft. Each time you craft an item using a blueprint, the resulting item will have a random Crafted Skill Bonus from zero to the maximum based on your current Crafting Skill. Items crafted from engrams don't get any bonus.
Increasing[edit | edit source]
Putting a point into Crafting Skill will increase your crafting skill by 10%, which translates to an increase of 0.5% to the maximum possible random Crafted Skill Bonus.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Crafting speed does not apply to items which you do not craft in your personal inventory, but the item quality of blueprints you craft will increase. Items such as Narcotic or Simple Rifle Ammo do not receive a speed increase since they are crafted in other containers.
- For items that are usually crafted en masse, such as Arrows, the bonus from this stat can add up quickly.
- Eating Focal Chili will temporarily increase your crafting speed and custom recipe quality bonus, but not your blueprint quality bonus.
- Crafted Skill Bonus only applies to the bonus stats provided by a blueprint in relation to the item's base stats. For example, a weapon crafted from a 150% damage blueprint that received a 10% crafted skill bonus will result in a weapon that deals 155% damage, since the bonus 50% plus 10% of that (10% of 50 is 5, giving you 55%) added to the base 100% value gives you the final crafted stat. Armor and Durability stats work the same way.
- The minimum Crafted Skill Bonus doesn't increase with each point put into the stat, so you might randomly craft something with a 0% bonus even when leveled entirely for crafting.
- The highest possible bonus at max level with all 134 points in Crafting Skill is 67%. (Some have claimed to see up to 72% at 124)
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Before v259.0 this skill was called "Crafting Speed" and only increased the crafting speed when crafting in your inventory.