|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch.|
|Hold up to a creature to capture it. Throw to deploy a captured creature.|
cheat GFI cryopod 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Extinction/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponEmptyCryopod.PrimalItem_WeaponEmptyCryopod'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 51|
|Engram Points||20 EP|
|Crafted in|| Obelisk|
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
The Cryopod is a a item to storage your tames in, by freezing them into an "ice cube" state. Creatures stored in a cryopod do not count towards the tribe creature limit.
Usage[edit | edit source]
To capture a creature in a Cryopod, equip an empty Cryopod and while aiming close to them hold for a few seconds. Once a creature is Cryopodded it will act like an item, halting food consumption, and the Cryopod can be carried in a survivor or creature's inventory which makes mass transport of creatures easier.
The Cryopod will begin to decay as soon as it is created, either through crafting or after being obtained from an Orbital Supply Drop, with a 30 day or one month decay period. The Cryofridge will permanently halt and restore the decay timer as long as it is powered. If the Cryopod is not recharged after 30 days (by default), it will disable and will be labelled as dead. When the Cryopod goes dead any creature inside the Cryopod will die and disappear forever, even after the Cryopod is recharged. The creature's death will be noted in the Tribe Log, and the dead Cryopod is unusable until it recharges at Cryofridge. The Cryopod decay timer is unaffected by Preserving Salt .
|Player Inventory/Tamed Creature/Preserving Bin||30 Days|
1: pauses the durababilty loss and regenerates depleted durability when powered with the same rate it would get depleted in a normal inventory, as long as the Cryofridge remains powered
When a creature is un-Cryopodded, the survivor will receive a Status Effect known as Cryo Cooldown. Cryo Cooldown lasts for 5 minutes, and is tracked with a countdown timer in the bottom right of the screen. Any Creatures un-Cryopodded during Cryo Cooldown will get Cryo Sickness. Cryo Sickness lasts for 5 minutes, causes said creature to receive increased damage if attacked (10x normal damage), and renders the creature unconscious with a full bar of torpor. The words "Cryo Sickness" are displayed above any afflicted creature in red text for the full 5 minute duration. Creatures cannot be Cryopodded while Cryo Sickness is active, and even if the creature has a short torpor timer (like Giganotosaurus) and wakes up from torpor before the Cryo Sickness wears off, it will not be rideable and will not respond to whistle commands until the Cryo Sickness wears off. The act of un-Cryopodding also resets the Cryo Cooldown timer for the survivor who unfroze it (only to the maximum value of 5 minutes, the timer does not stack past 5 minutes), so if releasing a large amount of creatures expected to endure Cryo Sickness, it is good practice to do so only in a well protected environment.
There are a few things to note when un-Cryopodding a creature:
- If the area to deploy a Cryopodded creature is not large enough to contain it, a message in red text will be displayed and the Cryopod remains unaffected with the creature still inside it.
- Anything in the creature's inventory will drop once they are Cryopodded (this includes any other slot, like weapon slot for Mantis). The only main exception are both the Saddle (if it is wearing one), and Modules for Mek (Durability will degrade when Cryopodding).
- Since they are an item, if a survivor or creature dies with a Cryopod in inventory, the Cryopodded creature (or creatures) is at risk of theft, as the act of un-Cryopodding will transfer ownership to the tribe or individual that un-Cryopods it (even with personally owned or imprinted creatures).
- Cryopodding a baby (baby, juvenile or adolescent) creature inside a Cryopod will pause the imprint timer and food consumption, and if asking for care, will change what it wants whenever it is un-Cryopodded. Babies Cryopodded prior to the related patch will still have their imprint timer reset to 8 hours next time they are released.
- Cryopodding a Female will not reset the breeding timer unless the Cryopod containing it was recently transferred to another server. Timer for mating interval continues to tick down even when the Female is Cryopodded. Females Cryopodded prior to the patch related will still have their breeding timer reset the next time they are released.
- If a mammal is gestating, Cryopodding will reset the pregnancy and upon un-Cryopodding the Female will be on a regular mating cooldown interval (based on server settings).
- Passive XP gain is solely determined by game time since time of Cryopodding, multiplied by their idle XP rates, multiplied by a final 1.05 return. Creatures at maximum level or Mek will not gain any passive XP.
- Any creature inside a Cryopod will gain 5% more passive experience, compared to the same creature not Cryopodded.
- Transferring the cryopod to another server resets this timer, causing it to lose all pending experience points earned since podding it. You must unpod the creature for it to obtain the experience points before transferring it to another server.
- Cryopodded creatures will have their gender displayed along with all current stat values when hovered over with the infobox activated. This does not apply to creatures that were Cryopodded prior to the patch that includes it.
- In Aberration, creatures that either are not part of Extinction or Aberration (or not having their aberrant counterpart), or is in the list of banned creatures, cannot be un-Cryopodded into the map unless the server setting for Foreign Dino Downloads is enabled
Restrictions[edit | edit source]
The following creatues (including forcetamed) cannot be cryofrozen into a cryopod:
- Mega Mek
- Desert Titan
- Desert Titan Flock
- Forest Titan
- Giant Bee
- Ice Titan
- King Titan
Note that the 'Giant Bee' refers to the bees spawned by Giant Queen Bee, not the queen herself.
Placed vehicles with exception of the Tek ATV cannot be cryofrozen either, though freezing of the Tek ATV is most likely not intended, as the Cryopod will show a picture of a Raptor when the Tek ATV is cryofrozen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It was originally intended to Cryofreeze wild Creatures that are tamable as well, but was scrapped due to it being too overpowered.
- During the testing phase of Extinction, it was possible to Cryofreeze a Wooden Raft but that bug was supposed to have been patched during testing. Prior to 286.103, it was still possible.
- Creatures without an icon that are cryofrozen in a cryopod will have an icon similar to Raptor as a placeholder.
- All cryofrozen creatures prior to patch 292.100 have the gender labelled as "Male", regardless whether or not they had a (different) gender. This applies to genderless entity like Reaper King, Mek and Arthropluera
- Prior to 286.103, it was possible to cryo creatures under Cryo Sickness.
- Prior to 291.100, female creatures are forced into mating countdown upon being released, and baby imprint timer resets to 8 hours, regardless of server setting. Any creature still in cryopod prior to this update will still have this effect when they are released, but will not persist thereafter.
- If you have admin privilege in your tribe, it is currently possible to Cryo a creature that is set to personally owned to somebody else inside your tribe, it is also then possible to transfer that creature to another server or tribe on the same server, the creature will remain personally owned by the original owner, this is clearly an oversight in development as said creature will not be interactable anymore without being in a tribe with government settings to be tribe owned or tribe ridden.
- If there are structures on the platform saddle of the creature being put in the cryopod, they will automatically be destroyed and will not return when the creature with the said saddle is unfrozen.
- creature class does not persist in certain scenarios. If one were to cryo a modded creature, and remove the originating creature's mod, then the class gets nullified and will no longer be able to be released even if the originating mod were to be installed at a later time. Attempting to release a creature whose class has been nullified will cause the item to be removed with no creature being created.
- After releasing a creature from a Cryopod, if trying to upload the creature, there will be a visible timer of 6-7 minutes before the creature is able to be uploaded. Despite this, the creature actually has a hidden 12 hour timer after being released, much like the timer that occurs after downloading a creature.
- Cryopods cannot be used inside any of the boss arena, or inside or near the Tek Cave. They can still be used at open arena in Extinction.
- When the creature is released from a Cryopod, specific creature will have some aftereffects:
- Ovis will have lost all of their Wool
- Any female transferred through cryopod will enter the same mating interval cooldown as those who had been transferred directly through creature transfer.
- If transferred as baby, Reaper King will not appear as a baby, but rather a juvenile with the baby prefix still present. Unfortunately, babies raised this way will be permanently on aggressive regardless of the behavior set (even though they will not attack listlessly).
- Light pets will have lost their charge.
- They poop, which can be useful in getting owl pellets.
- Any buffs that the creature had will not be reapplied.
- A Cryopod placed in a Cryofridge will charge at the same speed as it would decay in the player inventory.
- Cryopod was once an Extinction-exclusive engrams. This was changed with the release of the Valguero map, becoming accessible in all maps. Since the 298.3, it's possible to craft Cryopods in a Supply Crate, a Loot Crate, or a Deep Sea Loot Crate, so you don't need a Tek Replicator anymore to craft them. 298.37 also added the ability to craft Cryopods in an Obelisk.
Bug[edit | edit source]
- 292.100 - Cryopod automatically set recently released creature from cryopod to follow the survivor who released it. This persists on unconscious creature which cannot be whistled on any command to stop as they will still "follow" the survivor even under an unconscious state.
- This can be remedied by fast traveling to another bed far from where the creature is.
- If you Cryofreeze a creature, all the folders created inside it will disappear similar to what happens when uploading a creature.
- When transferring filled cryopods on singleplayer or unofficial servers, there is a chance that the creature's level will be reset to 1, the saddle will be deleted and any imprint quality will be lost along with any mutations.
References[edit | edit source]