|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
|Hold up to a creature to capture it. Throw to deploy a captured creature.|
|Added in||Patch 285.104|
cheat GFI cryopod 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Extinction/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponEmptyCryopod.PrimalItem_WeaponEmptyCryopod'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 51|
|Engram Points||20 EP|
|Crafted in||Tek Replicator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Mortar And Pestle
The Cryopod is an object in the DLC Extinction of ARK: Survival Evolved.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Cryopod is intended for the player to freeze-store tames into an "ice cube" state, which enables them not only to save up tame limit within their tribe, but also carriable in the player's inventory . The pods will slowly degrade over time, yet they provide an easier way of transportation and trading on tames. As they are an item, anyone with the cube can claim the creature trapped inside the Cryopod.
A tame can be frozen in a Cryopod by using it on a tamed Creature for a few seconds while standing still. After a Cryopod has been thrown out, the player will receive a Status Effect known as Cryo Cooldown. Any Creatures summoned during Cryo Cooldown will have Cryo Sickness, which not only causes said dino to take 10x the damage received, it cannot be frozen solid again until it wakes up.
The Cryopod will begin to decay as soon as it is created, either through crafting or after being obtained from an Orbital Supply Drop, with a 30 day or one month decay period. The Cryofridge will permanently halt and restore the decay timer as long as it is powered. Cryopods timer are unaffected by Preserving Salt .
If you place a Baby (baby, juvenille or adolescent) creature inside a cryopod, when it comes time to unpod the baby, it will have the full 8 hour imprint timer, so it is not a good idea to cryo a creature that is raising unless you have just imprinted on it, any creature not fully raised will retain its current imprint progress, example: an adolescent dodo that is stored in the cryopod with 50% imprint will have 50% imprint when it is freed from the pod
Spoil Times[edit | edit source]
- Player Inventory/Tamed Dino/Preserving Bin: 30 Days
- Refrigerator: 60 Days
- Cryofridge: Forever; recovers decayed timer for cryopod, as long as the cryofridge remains powered
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It was originally intended to Cryofreeze wild Creatures that are tamable as well, but was scrapped due to it being too overpowered.
- During the testing phase of Extinction, it was possible to Cryofreeze a Wooden Raft but that bug was supposed to have been patched during testing. Prior to 286.103, it was still possible.
- Titanosaurus and the titans are the only creatures that cannot fit inside a crypod. I.e they cannot be cryofreezed.
- Prior to 286.103, it was possible to cryo dinos under Cryo Sickness.
- If you have admin privelege in your tribe, it is currently (correct as of 14Nov) possible to Cryo a creature that is set to personally owned to somebody else inside your tribe, it is also then possible to transfer that creature to another server or tribe on the same server, the creature will remain personally owned by the original owner, this is clearly an oversight in development
- The Cryopod will erase levels of the stored creature if the stored creature is transferred.
References[edit | edit source]
|Tools||Cryopod (Empty) • Delivery Crate • Dino Leash • Taxidermy Tool|
|Weapons||Cannon Shell • Rocket Pod • Scout Remote • Tek Gravity Grenade • Unassembled Enforcer • Unassembled Mek|
|Saddles||Gacha • Gasbags • Managarmr • Snow Owl • Velonasaur|
|Mek Modules||M.D.S.M. • M.O.M.I. • M.R.L.M. • M.S.C.M.|
|Harvesting||Stone Pick • Stone Hatchet • Metal Pick • Metal Hatchet • Metal Sickle • Chainsaw • Scissors • Fishing Rod|
|Preservation||Waterskin • Water Jar • Canteen • Cryopod (Empty) • Blood Extraction Syringe • Preserving Salt|
|Navigation/Travel||Torch • Glow Stick • Flare Gun • Spyglass • Compass • GPS • Climbing Pick • Glider Suit • Zip-Line Motor • Zip-Line Anchor • Transponder Tracker • Transponder Node|
|Cosmetic||Paintbrush • Spray Painter • Dye • Soap|
|Other||Camera • Delivery Crate • Dino Leash • Parachute • Magnifying Glass • Note • Radio • Smoke Grenade • Pliers • Taxidermy Tool|