|Added in||Patch 224.0|
The Custom Consumable is a player-created, customizable dish in ARK: Survival Evolved.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Custom Cooking System allows survivors to create their own consumable items with custom names and ingredients to provide different effects. In order to create a custom recipe, you must first place a Note inside the Cooking Pot.
Custom recipes are most useful due to the fact that they both stack and have a standard spoil time of 48 hours. Keep in mind, however, depending on your crafting skill, custom recipes may not be as nutritious as the items used to create them, and can quickly become a cumbersome item to keep hold of. That being said, custom drinks are lighter and stack, unlike Water Jars and Canteens, and are often available earlier than either of those alternatives.
Usage[edit | edit source]
1. Make a Custom Recipe[edit | edit source]
- Craft a Note. When the UI asks for a title and contents for the note, just select or press Esc. You may also wish to use a Mindwipe Tonic to max out your Crafting Skill to get the best possible result for the recipe.
- Ensure you have plenty of the ingredients on hand. Some might spoil while you set up the recipe.
- Place the Note into a Cooking Pot. You cannot do this in an Industrial Cooker. The central part of the UI displays a new option: . Select this and a new window displays.
- Select whether to create a drink or a dish - the icons at the top right next to the CREATE RECIPE heading.
- Select which icon to use for the recipe by using the arrow keys under the picture. There are 3 food icons and two drink icons to choose from.
- Customize the colorization of the icon. The numbers are for the different regions, and there is a standard palette of colors to use for each region. Any region can be set to any RGB value you like using the sliders provided.
- Type the recipe name, and a description. These appear in the tooltip when mousing over the finished items.
- Add the ingredients to the recipe from your inventory. Currently, the menu does not allow hotkey transfer of items, so they must be moved by dragging and dropping, or by left-clicking an item to move one of them, or shift+clicking them to move half of the stack.
- Only eight stacks of ingredients can be in a single recipe.
- Drugs and premade Dishes can not be used in a recipe.
- If eggs are used in the recipe, the recipe is specific to that type of egg.
- Select at the very bottom of the window to finalize the recipe, and the new recipe is placed into your inventory. The Cooking Pot does not update its contents at this stage; to update it, close its inventory and reopen it.
2. Using the Custom Recipe[edit | edit source]
Place the finished recipe into a Cooking Pot or Industrial Cooker with the required ingredients and light the fire to begin the cooking process. The speed at which the dish is created is directly related to the Crafting Skill used to create the recipe; that is higher Crafting Skills create dishes faster.
Ingredient Effects[edit | edit source]
The formula for the stats of the consumable are determined by 1 + (CraftingSpeed * 1.5625 - 0.3125) * (Ingredient1 x Quantity1 + Ingredient2 x Quantity2 + ...)
Focal Chili adds 100% to crafting speed, so if in use, simply add 1 to the crafting speed value or an extra 100% into the calculator.
The weight is equivalent to 0.1 + (0.2 * WeightOfAllIngredients)
|Giant Bee Honey||1.6875||1.0625||2.25||1.0625||0.02|
| Raw Meat
Raw Fish Meat
| Raw Prime Meat
Raw Prime Fish Meat
| Cooked Meat
Cooked Meat Jerky
Cooked Fish Meat
| Cooked Prime Meat
Prime Meat Jerky
Cooked Prime Fish Meat
Cooked Lamb Chop
|Sweet Veggie Cake||0.5||0.05||0.5||0.05||0.02|
|Small Animal Feces||-0.25||-0.25||0||-0.25||0.01|
|Medium Animal Feces||-0.5||-0.5||0.5||-0.5||0.03|
| Large Animal Feces
Massive Animal Feces
*Food is only added when the consumable is a food.
**Water is only added when the consumable is a drink.
***Depends on weight of the actual egg/poop used. Some of the numbers are guesses.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The crafting speed used in the calculation is the crafting speed when the recipe itself was crafted from a note, not when the recipe is being cooked, so anyone can use a Mindwipe Tonic to spend all of their engram points on crafting speed and consume a Focal Chili to create recipes with the maximum effect, then use another tonic to return to normal.
- The maximum crafting speed is 1240%(Level 105) with all points in crafting speed and a Focal Chili(extra 100%), which causes all recipes to yield 14.88x their standard results.
- Raw Prime Meat (Raw, Cooked or Jerkied), Cooked Meat, Cooked Meat Jerky, Seeds, Quetzal Egg, Rex Egg, Sarco Egg, Bronto Egg, Titanoboa Egg, Giganotosaurus Egg, Advanced Crops, Kibble (Quetzal Egg) and Rare Mushroom will never provide more food in a recipe than eating the ingredients directly at vanilla maximum level. The last three items are especially wasteful in terms of food.
- The first ingredients to provide more Food in a recipe compared to eating as such are small Eggs (Turtle Egg, Compy Egg, Dilo Egg, Dimetrodon Egg, Dodo Egg, Gallimimus Egg, Kairuku Egg, Oviraptor Egg) at 340% Crafting Speed and Mejoberry and the Kibbles of the above Eggs at 390% Crafting Speed. The only items that need even less Crafting Speed to be effective are Rare Flower and Feces, both of which do not provide much and should not be used on their own.
- Food/Water/Stamina will not be restored instantly, but instead increase at the fixed rate of 1.05 points per second. For a consumable with very high Food/Water/Stamina, the Status Effect will last proportionally longer.
- Health increases from Custom Consumables are given slowly over time. Consuming both a food and a drink will not increase this rate of healing over time.
- Each regeneration effect ends once its respective attribute reaches its maximum value. For example, if you have 100 maximum Food and eat a Custom Consumable which grants 200 food, the regeneration will be terminated once your food reaches 100. If your food drops below your maximum after this point, you will have to eat again.
- Custom Consumables may be used by tamed dinos. This appears to only grant the Stamina effect of the consumable. This may be useful for flying mounts, making it possible to cover extremely large areas without landing on a low-Stamina bird. It may also be useful as an emergency consumable to prevent a mount from automatically landing in a dangerous area when its stamina runs out.
- Advanced crops provide excellent water in custom consumables. This can be very useful in Scorched Earth.
Video Tutorial[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]