Dino Leash (Extinction)
|This article is a stub. You can help ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
|Electronic leash to keep your dinos from wandering too far.|
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Extinction/Structures/DinoLeash/PrimalItemStructure_DinoLeash.PrimalItemStructure_DinoLeash'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 22|
|Engram Points||6 EP|
|Crafted in|| Smithy |
Thorny Dragon Saddle
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
1 × Electronics
The Dino Leash is an item in Extinction.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Dino Leash is used to keep tamed Creatures in place.
Flying creatures can only fly within certain upper distance of the leash.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Must be powered by Solar Energy or other means of Electricity in order to work.
When selected, the leash prompts players with several options:
- Activate/Deactivate - Turns the device on/off
- Access Inventory - Allows the player to add batteries to charge the device (has 12 inventory spaces)
- Change Range From - Changes the range around the leash in which creatures are controlled. This is marked by a red circle within the leashed area. Leashed creatures will appear with a red lock icon over their heads.
- Demolish - Destroys the leash, returning half of the materials required to build to the player's inventory.
Important to note, only tamed creatures within the range of the Dino Leash upon activation will be locked.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any creatures that are ridden and dismounted will be locked.
- Often, the creature may no longer be locked even though it has not been ridden out of bounds.
- Players may find that utilizing the leash on "Minimum" may prove ideal for breeding as dinos can be set to wander, but cannot leave the circle.
- Medium range is marginally smaller than trough range, this makes it worthwhile to utilize while raising creatures as they will not flee away from trough range if the Dino Leash is placed in the middle of the feeding trough configuration.
- As of yet, there have not been any updates that allows the player to either change the color of the leash's boundary ring or hide it.
- Wandering creatures often become stuck against the perimeter and stop moving.
References[edit | edit source]
|Structures||City Terminal • Cryofridge • Delivery Crate • Dino Leash • Taxidermy Base (Small, Medium, Large) • Tek Bridge|
|Loot Structures||Element Node • Orbital Supply Drop|
|Trophies||Desert Titan Trophy • Forest Titan Trophy • Ice Titan Trophy • King Titan Trophy (Gamma, Beta, Alpha) • King Titan Flag (Mecha)|
|Harvesting||Stone Pick • Stone Hatchet • Metal Pick • Metal Hatchet • Metal Sickle • Chainsaw • Scissors • Fishing Rod|
|Preservation||Waterskin • Water Jar • Canteen • Cryopod (Empty) • Blood Extraction Syringe • Preserving Salt|
|Navigation/Travel||Torch • Glow Stick • Flare Gun • Spyglass • Compass • GPS • Climbing Pick • Glider Suit • Zip-Line Motor • Zip-Line Anchor • Transponder Tracker • Transponder Node|
|Cosmetic||Paintbrush • Spray Painter • Dye • Soap|
|Other||Camera • Delivery Crate • Dino Leash • Parachute • Magnifying Glass • Note • Radio • Smoke Grenade • Pliers • Taxidermy Tool|