The Dossiers are a collection of notes on the various different Creatures and Items in ARK: Survival Evolved. You can find them scattered around the landscape of The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction as collectables among other Explorer Notes. The dossiers tell you about the behavior and habits of all creatures present in ARK, written by the survivor Helena, who is mostly correct with her observations. Almost every creature can be tamed, but it differs what and how much the certain creature needs to eat in order to be domesticated.
Earlier in the game-development you used to earn the dossiers when you killed or tamed the local wildlife.
For more creature information, see:
Note: There is no correlation between the release date of the dossier and the release date of the creature itself. There is no way to predict how long it will take for a creature to be released by looking at the release date for their dossier. For example, the Sabertooth Salmon released within two months of its dossier publication, while it has taken over half a year for others to be released.
- 1 Gallery of Released Dinosaur Dossiers
- 2 Dossier Texts
- 3 Notes/Trivia
Gallery of Released Dinosaur Dossiers
Studio Wildcard Dossiers
- Each Torn Dossier is co-related to their respective DLC. Scorched Earth torn dossier appears on desert sand background, Aberration dossier appears on mutated ground background, and Extinction dossier on corrupted element background.
- Extinction is the first DLC to feature Manuals of Mechanical Creatures and holds the highest number of Guardian Holograms.
- Despite the fact that the Scout, Ice Titan and Forest Titan had a paper Torn Dossier, their official Dossiers were instead found to be holograms.
- None of the Genesis creatures have their dossier due to their existence only within the simulation and not in any of the ARK/Earth.