East Lava Cave (The Center)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: The Center|
The East Lava Cave is in the East of the Lava Biome, and it is one of the hardest caves in the DLC: The Center.
This cave contains two Artifacts. For the Artifact of the Massive, take the path to your right, and you will come to its chamber. For the Artifact of the Strong, take the left path heading toward the first ruined archway in the cave.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Extreme Heat
- Dangerous jumps, not even a parachute will save you from lava
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Flak Armor, Ghillie Suit or better
- Grappling Hooks
- Cooked Meats
- Medical Brews
- Stimberry or Stimulants
- Bring lots of extra water
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bring Grappling Hooks, and lots of them; should you fall, grappling is the only thing that can prevent you from losing everything.
- IMPORTANT: If you're playing Official or any server with cave flying disabled, land your flyer as soon as you fly down the initial chamber. You will be ejected from your mount (possibly over a lava pit) if you continue flying.
- A Therizinosaur is probably the most suitable dinosaur in this cave, since it doesn't aggro any of its inhabitants. Even with a lowlevel one, this cave is a piece of cake. You do not even need to jump on the way to the Artifact of the Strong like with smaller tames. Just watch out if you dismount it. In addition a Wyvern can carry it to the initial chamber (mind above note).
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- All creatures taken into the cave will be unable to leave unless they can fly, be carried by a flyer, or ride on top of a Quetz Platform Saddle.
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Creatures that are unable to jump will be unable to reach the chamber containing the Artifact of the Strong.
- The cave is so massive, that if you manage to get a Giganotosaurus or anything smaller down, you'll be able to navigate it around the majority of the cave. Getting it back out would be the issue.
- Lava will not kill you instantly, but will do massive damage quite quickly. It is possible to save yourself if you manage to find a rock to jump on.
- Before The Center became a DLC, reportedly one could retrieve the Artifact of the Devious here. After its official release however, it seems to have been replaced by the Artifact of the Strong.
- There is a bug where while attempting to fly into the cave entrance, you will clip to the top of the volcano's caldera. It is recommended to land your mount outside the entrance and walk it manually inside before flying down into the cave.
- There is another bug where the game will think you are underwater in much of the cave and display ocean particle-effects. This is only cosmetic, and you will not be affected otherwise.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]