|A strange, highly advanced material humming with energy. It dissolves when transferred across ARKs.|
This glowing material appears to constantly reconfigure itself into the most efficient geometric shape. Cannot be used for ammo.
cheat GFI Element 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Element.PrimalItemResource_Element_C'" 1 0 0
|Used to craft||141 items|
|Crafted in|| Tek Replicator|
|Crafting Yields||3 Pieces|
100 × Element Shard
Resources breakdown [ ]
8 × Charge Battery
50 × Congealed Gas Ball
20 × Element Ore
|Purchase type||Special Item|
|Purchase Yields||100 Pieces|
|Cost||300 × Ancient Amber|
Element is a primary ingredient for equipment in the Tek Tier.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
Boss[edit | edit source]
It is gathered from the inventory of Bosses (except Rockwell and the Overseer) after killing them. The amount depends on the difficulty of the bosses. The harvesting method will not multiply the amount. Make sure to grab it quick, because once you are teleported out of the arena, you can't retrieve it anymore. Another way of getting Element is by finding and defending the Element Nodes in the ARK: Extinction DLC, which spawn around the Wasteland. This is by far the fastest way of getting Element!
Amount per Boss[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Element is used to craft Tek Tier armor and items. It also functions as a fuel for Tek structures and ammunition for Tek weapons.
It is also used to create Element Shards which are needed to power some Tek structures.
Aberration[edit | edit source]
|This section is about content exclusive to the DLC: Aberration|
On the Aberration map, the boss (Rockwell) does not drop any Element. But, it can be crafted by using Charge Nodes, which are naturally found on the map. Crafting Element requires Aberration-specific resources like Gem, Charge Batteries, and Element Ore. Producing Elements will 'overcharge' the Charge Node for 5 minutes, disabling all functions. Even after this time, the node must fully restore all 5000 charge before being considered 'active'. Until 'active', the Charge Node cannot be used to charge batteries, provide charge light or craft Element.
Including the time it takes to recharge the 8x Charge Battery required for the Element on top of the time it takes for the node to recharge itself to 5000, Charge Nodes can produce 3 Element every 43 minutes. Be wary not to have more than 9 batteries within a Charge Node when forging Element, as fully charging 10 batteries will fully deplete the Charge Node and render it inactive until recharged.
Extinction[edit | edit source]
|This section is about content exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
Alternatively, these can be rarely harvested from a completely defended Element Node.
Genesis[edit | edit source]
|This section is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis: Part 1|
One Element can be bought from HLN-A for 2,000 Hexagon.
Element Shards can also be rarely mined from the green-marked stones found in Lunar Biome.
Red crystal formations inside the Volcano can be mined for significant amounts of Element Shards.
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Element was first revealed in ARK Digest 22 on November 18, 2015.
- Element cannot be transferred between official servers or clusters.
- With the introduction of Extinction DLC, it is possible to "transfer" Element across server in the form of its dust variant. However, the survivor on the server the dust is being transferred from must have learned Unstable Element from the said DLC to make full use of it..
- Edmund Rockwell proclaimed the name of the Elements as "Edmundium".
- Liquid element seems to corrupt creatures and survivors as Rockwell was corrupted by it.
- On the charge node of Aberration, a projection of a molecule is shown. The molecule seems to have 4 tetrahedrals connected to each other. Since element is made at the node, the projection may be its molecular structure.
- Since Element is shown to be similar to any molecule that can make a tetrahedral, its corruptive nature could possibly replace and substitute the elements in the ground or in an organic creature. This may possibly explain why the corrupted creatures appear to be mostly made of element, and how element's abnormal properties in energy and durability makes them stronger than their uncorrupted variants.
- In Diana Note #18, a histogram shows that Element's concentration is the 3rd highest on the Corrupted Earth, ahead of Iron and Aluminum, two common metals found today.
- In Santiago Note#7, technology that runs on Element emits a miniscule amount of the said substance back into the atmosphere, planting itself in the soil.
- In the Extinction DLC some creatures have been corrupted by raw element and robbed of their mentality, moving as a single cluster with no regards to its natural instinct and temperament.
- In Extinction, explorer notes state that the Titans are massive concentrations of element and help element to expand by creating more titans to make more space for even more element to grow.
- Based on Rockwell note#29 and according to Homo Deus Helena/The One Who Waits, Element seems to have a mind of its own.
- Element’s main method of corruption appears to be growth on an organism, like a fungus, but it appears to emit, in liquid form, high levels of radiation that has forced creatures like the Nameless to adapt and evolve, but it also appears this radiation doesn’t ionise cells like Gamma rays but bends and re-shapes the genetic material of an organism if injected directly into the blood stream, hence the quite hideous malformation of Rockwell
- Element have stages of being a hive mind that is similar to the Flood of the Halo Series.
- In miniscule doses, both are harmless particles of dust and can somehow benefit the civilizations that use them.
- Once they reach a dangerous level, they become corrupted and are capable of infection. At an even more dangerous level, they bring its infected to follow order's of a hive mind that is capable to coordinating the hive's actions and movements.
- They utilize both the infected forms of organisms and "pure forms" to help spread their influence. The Halo Flood use flood combat and pure forms while the Ark Element use corrupted creatures and titans.
- At their peak power, they both had multiple hive minds where the Flood had graveminds and Element had the King Titan and Rockwell.
- In the case of Rockwell the corruption prose went array, comparative to normal corruption, Rockwell injected himself with molten Element causing his body to mutate and giving him abnormal powers, but as stated above, the hive mind of Element that corrupted Rockwell was overrun by a greater, more secure, mind of a human, this enabled Rockwell to become the new epicentre of Element activity on Aberration and later Earth.
- Based on how Element and the Flood are so similar, it is given that Element has a consciousness but it may imply that it can pass its consciousness from one of its hive mind to another. That same consciousness may have originated when Earth was collapsing. This is familiar to the Halo Flood's gravemind originated from an individual named the Primordial, the last Precursor, an alien race that made life and technology that surpasses the Forerunners in the Halo universe and the Flood's first gravemind. When the Primordial died, its consciousness took shape in the form of the gravemind.
- Both Element and the Flood spread at an alarming rate because the civilizations that used them were ignorant of its capabilities and existence.
- For the Flood, they had plenty of bodies to take over and infect due to the Forerunner's war with Humanity (refer to Halo 4). Humanity was struggling to contain the Flood while also fighting the Forerunners who weren't aware and were ignorant of the Flood being an infestation. Because of the war, the Forerunners were weakened and the Flood exponentially grew across the Halo galaxy.
- For Element, the U.R.E (United Republic of Earth) and the Terran Federation fought a century long war with Element-based weaponry for more Element. Both sides were unaware of its growth becoming exponential.
- In Helena's Extinction note#24, Element seems to be able to see through dreams and act accordingly because Helena saw a vision in the prism of a purple figure clawing at a molten heart and the same purple figure suddenly marched towards her. This is turned a reality when a horde of Titans are marching to where Helena and the survivors were just after Helena experienced the dream.
References[edit | edit source]