|A strange, highly advanced material humming with energy. It dissolves when transferred across ARKs.|
This glowing material appears to constantly reconfigure itself into the most efficient geometric shape. Cannot be used for ammo.
cheat GFI Element 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Element.PrimalItemResource_Element_C'" 1 0 0
|Used to craft||142 items|
|Crafted in|| Tek Replicator|
|Crafting Yields||3 Pieces|
100 × Element Shard
|Ingredients (Charge Node)|
Resources breakdown [ ]
8 × Charge Battery
50 × Congealed Gas Ball
20 × Element Ore
Total Base Ingredients
|Purchase type||Special Item|
|Purchase Yields||100 Pieces|
|Cost||300 × Ancient Amber|
Element is a primary ingredient for equipment in the Tek Tier.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
Boss[edit | edit source]
It is gathered from the inventory of Bosses (except Rockwell and the Overseer) after killing them. The amount depends on the difficulty of the bosses. The harvesting method will not multiply the amount. Make sure to grab it quick, because once you are teleported out of the arena, you can't retrieve it anymore. Another way of getting Element is by finding and defending the Element Nodes in the ARK: Extinction DLC, which spawn around the Wasteland. This is by far the fastest way of getting Element!
Amount per Boss[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Element is used to craft Tek Tier armor and items. It also functions as a fuel for Tek structures and ammunition for Tek weapons.
It is also used to create Element Shards which are needed to power some Tek structures.
Aberration[edit | edit source]
|This section is about content exclusive to the DLC: Aberration, Crystal Isles|
On the Aberration map, the boss (Rockwell) does not drop any Element. But, it can be crafted by using Charge Nodes, which are naturally found on the map. Crafting Element requires Aberration-specific resources like Gem, Charge Batteries, and Element Ore. Producing Elements will 'overcharge' the Charge Node for 5 minutes, disabling all functions. Even after this time, the node must fully restore all 5000 charge before being considered 'active'. Until 'active', the Charge Node cannot be used to charge batteries, provide charge light or craft Element.
Including the time it takes to recharge the 8x Charge Battery required for the Element on top of the time it takes for the node to recharge itself to 5000, Charge Nodes can produce 3 Element every 43 minutes. Be wary not to have more than 9 batteries within a Charge Node when forging Element, as fully charging 10 batteries will fully deplete the Charge Node and render it inactive until recharged.
Extinction[edit | edit source]
|This section is about content exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
Alternatively, these can be rarely harvested from a completely defended Element Node.
Genesis[edit | edit source]
|This section is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis: Part 1|
One Element can be bought from HLN-A for 2,000 Hexagon.
Element Shards can also be rarely mined from the green-marked stones found in Lunar Biome.
Red crystal formations in the Volcanic Biome can be mined for significant amounts of Element Shards.
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Element was first revealed in ARK Digest 22 on November 18, 2015.
- Element cannot be transferred between official servers or clusters.
- With the introduction of Extinction DLC, it is possible to "transfer" Element across server in the form of its dust variant. However, the survivor on the server the dust is being transferred from must have learned Unstable Element from the said DLC to make full use of it.
- Explorer Note Lore
- Edmund Rockwell proclaimed the name of the Elements as "Edmundium".
- Liquid element seems to corrupt creatures and survivors as Rockwell was corrupted by it.
- Rockwell notes that liquid Element is Element at its most purest, yet most unstable form.
- The Element that is in game is the stable version where gems and other elements contain its energy in its solid form.
- In Diana Note #18, a histogram shows that Element's concentration is the 3rd highest on the Corrupted Earth, ahead of Iron and Aluminum, two common metals found today. The potentially heavy concentration and mass of Element being added to the entire surface and deep crust of Earth could potentially explain why the planet's orbit has drastically slowed to a point its orbit has stopped.
- In Santiago Note#7, technology that runs on Element emits a miniscule amount of the said substance back into the atmosphere, planting itself in the soil. He even notes that a century of warfare with Tek weaponry is the only thing responsible for creating a massive Element spike. This is later confirmed by HLN-A who says that the United Republics of Earth and the Terran Federation both vied for supremacy over each other.
- Based on Rockwell note#29 and according to Homo Deus Helena/The One Who Waits, Element seems to have a mind of its own.
- In Helena's Extinction note#24, Element seems to be able to see through dreams and act accordingly because Helena saw a vision in the prism of a purple figure clawing at a molten heart and the same purple figure suddenly marched towards her. This is turned a reality when a horde of Titans are marching to where Helena and the survivors were just after Helena experienced the dream.
- In the Extinction DLC some creatures have been corrupted by raw element and robbed of their mentality, moving as a single cluster with no regards to its natural instinct and temperament.
- In Helena's/The One Who Waits explorer note #16, she describes Element luring its victims into twisting them with promises of warmth, needs, and desires until they can't get out of the pit of madness that is so deep even the strongest and smartest are stuck.
- In Extinction, explorer notes state that the Titans are massive concentrations of element and help element to expand by creating more titans to make more space for even more element to grow.
- Element Analysis
- Element’s main method of corruption appears to be growth on an organism, like a fungus, but it appears to emit, in liquid form, high levels of radiation that has forced creatures like the Nameless to adapt and evolve, but it also appears this radiation doesn’t ionise cells like Gamma rays but bends and re-shapes the genetic material of an organism if injected directly into the blood stream, hence the quite hideous malformation of Rockwell.
- On the genetic level and the image from HLNA discovery #11, it is seen that when DNA is broken up by Element and somehow, the Element fits the DNA back together, but with Element replacing many chemicals found inside DNA. This makes it a substance that can somehow act out multiple chemical properties at once. Given that DNA causes mutations when it gets altered, Element seems to cause mutations but on a more lethal and bigger scale on the organism with the relentless changes to the organism's DNA.
- On the charge node of Aberration, a projection of a molecule is shown. The molecule seems to have 5 tetrahedrals connected to each other. Since element is made at the node, the projection may be its molecular structure.
- Since Element is shown to be similar to any molecule that can make a tetrahedral, its corruptive nature could possibly replace and substitute the elements in the ground or in an organic creature. This may possibly explain why the corrupted creatures appear to be mostly made of element, and how element's abnormal properties in energy and durability makes them stronger than their uncorrupted variants.
References[edit | edit source]