|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
|Hold up to a creature to capture it. Throw to deploy a captured creature.|
cheat GFI cryopod 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Extinction/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponEmptyCryopod.PrimalItem_WeaponEmptyCryopod'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 51|
|Engram Points||20 EP|
|Crafted in||Tek Replicator|
The Cryopod is a a item to storage your tames in, by freezing them into an "ice cube" state. Creatures stored in a cryopod do not count towards the tribe creature limit.
Usage[edit | edit source]
To cryo a creature equip a empty cryopod and while aiming close to them hold for a few seconds. Once a creature is cryoed it will act like a item and does not need food and the cryopod can be carried in the inventory which makes mass transport of creatures easier.
The Cryopod will begin to decay as soon as it is created, either through crafting or after being obtained from an Orbital Supply Drop, with a 30 day or one month decay period. The Cryofridge will permanently halt and restore the decay timer as long as it is powered. If the Cryopod is not recharged after 30 days (by default), it will disable and will be labelled as dead. Any creature inside the Cryopod will die inside and will disappear forever (even after being recharged), and it is unusable until it recharges at Cryofridge (This will be mentioned in the Tribe Log). Cryopods timer are unaffected by Preserving Salt .
|Player Inventory/Tamed Ceature/Preserving Bin||30 Days|
1: pauses the durababilty loss and regenerates depleted durability when powered with the same rate it would get depleted in a normal inventory, as long as the cryofridge remains powered
Since they are an item, should the survivor or creature die, the frozen creature is at risk, as the creature deployed will belong to the tribe that unfreezes it. However, if the area to deploy is not big enough for the creature, message in red text will be displayed and the cryopod remains unaffected with the creature still inside it.
When a creature is thrown, the survivor will receive a Status Effect known as Cryo Cooldown. Any Creatures unfrozen during Cryo Cooldown will have Cryo Sickness, which not only causes said creature to receive 10x the damage then normal but also torpors them or makes the creature not usable if it can't be torpored.It cannot be frozen again until it wakes up or the effect (Cryo Sickness) wears off. This also resets the timer for the survivor who unfroze it, which would not be beneficial unless he or she is releasing bulks of creatures in a protected area.
There are a few things to note when (un)freezing creature:
- Anything in the creature's inventory will drop once they are cryofrozen (this includes any other slot, like weapon slot for Mantis). The only main exception are both the Saddle (if it is wearing one), and Modules for Mek. (Durability will degrade when freezing it)
- Freezing a baby (baby, juvenille or adolescent) creature inside a cryopod will pause the imprint timer, and if asking for care, will change what it wants whenever it is unfrozen. Babies trapped prior to the patch related will still have its imprint timer reset to 8 hours next time they are released.
- Freezing a female will not reset the breeding timer unless the cryopod containing it was recently transferred to another server. Timer for mating interval continues to tick down even when the female is cryofrozen inside. Females trapped prior to the patch related will still have their breeding timer reset the next time they are released.
- Similarly, if the female mammal is gestating, cryofreezing will abort the baby. It is not advised to do so unless there is a reason for it.
- Passive XP gain is solely determined by game time since time of trapping, multiplied by their idle XP rates, multiplied by a final 1.05 return. Cryo fridge sole responsibility is to recharge/extend the shelf life of the item itself. Creatures at maximum level or Mek will not gain any passive XP.
- any creature inside a cryopod will gain 5% more passive experience compared to the same creature not cryoed
- Any creature unfrozen will follow the same upload cooldown as if they had been downloaded from the Obelisk, resetting every time they are frozen. If transferring of creature is needed, its better to send them off in a cryopod as an item instead.
- Frozen creature will have their gender announced first, followed by all its stat when hovered over with infobox activated. This does not apply to creatures that were frozen prior to the patch that includes it.
- In Aberration, creatures that either are not part of Extinction or Aberration (or not having their aberrant counterpart), or is in the list of banned creatures, cannot be released out into the map unless the server setting for Foreign Dino Downloads is enabled
Restrictions[edit | edit source]
The following creatues (including forcetamed) cannot be cryofrozen into a cryopod:
- Mega Mek
- Desert Titan
- Desert Titan Flock
- Forest Titan
- Giant Bee
- Ice Titan
- King Titan
Note that the 'Giant Bee' refers to the bees spawned by Giant Queen Bee, not the queen herself.
Placed vehicles with exception of the Tek ATV cannot be cryofrozen either, though freezing of the Tek ATV is most likely not intended, as the Cryopod will show a picture of a Raptor when the Tek ATV is cryofrozen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It was originally intended to Cryofreeze wild Creatures that are tamable as well, but was scrapped due to it being too overpowered.
- During the testing phase of Extinction, it was possible to Cryofreeze a Wooden Raft but that bug was supposed to have been patched during testing. Prior to 286.103, it was still possible.
- Creatures without an icon that are cryofrozen in a cryopod will have an icon similar to Raptor as a placeholder.
- All cryofrozen creatures prior to patch 292.100 have the gender labelled as "Male", regardless whether or not they had a (different) gender. This applies to genderless entity like Reaper King, Mek and Arthropluera
- Prior to 286.103, it was possible to cryo creatures under Cryo Sickness.
- Prior to 291.100, female creatures are forced into mating countdown upon being released, and baby imprint timer resets to 8 hours, regardless of server setting. Any creature still in cryopod prior to this update will still have this effect when they are released, but will not persist thereafter.
- If you have admin privilege in your tribe, it is currently possible to Cryo a creature that is set to personally owned to somebody else inside your tribe, it is also then possible to transfer that creature to another server or tribe on the same server, the creature will remain personally owned by the original owner, this is clearly an oversight in development as said creature will not be interactable anymore without being in a tribe with government settings to be tribe owned or tribe ridden.
- If there are structures on the platform saddle of the creature being put in the cryopod, they will automatically be destroyed and will not return when the creature with the said saddle is unfrozen.
- creature class does not persist in certain scenarios. If one were to cryo a modded creature, and remove the originating creature's mod, then the class gets nullified and will no longer be able to be released even if the originating mod were to be installed at a later time. Attempting to release a creature whose class has been nullified will cause the item to be removed with no creature being created.
- After releasing a creature from a Cryopod, if trying to upload the creature, there will be a visible timer of 6-7 minutes before the creature is able to be uploaded. Despite this, the creature actually has a hidden 12 hour timer after being released, much like the timer that occurs after downloading a creature.
- Cryopods cannot be used inside any of the boss arena, or inside or near the Tek Cave. They can still be used at open arena in Extinction.
- When the creature is released from a Cryopod, specific creature will have some aftereffects:
- Ovis will have lost all of their Wool
- Any female transferred through cryopod will enter the same mating interval cooldown as those who had been transferred directly through creature transfer.
- If transferred as baby, Reaper King will not appear as a baby, but rather a juvenile with the baby prefix still present. Unfortunately, babies raised this way will be permanently on aggressive regardless of the behavior set (even though they will not attack listlessly).
- Light pets will have lost their charge.
- They poop, which can be useful in getting owl pellets.
- Any buffs that the creature had will not be reapplied.
Bug[edit | edit source]
- 292.100 - Cryopod automatically set recently released creature from cryopod to follow the survivor who released it. This persist on unconscious creature which cannot be whistled on any command to stop as they will still "follow" the survivor even under unconscious state.
- This can be remedied by fast travelling to another bed far from where the creature are.
References[edit | edit source]