| This creature, item or feature is announced but not yet released.|
To see the features that are released soon, see the Patch Notes.
|This article is about a feature exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
DLC about the Dystopian Earth of ARK
|Release PC||November 6, 2018|
|Release Xbox||November 6, 2018|
|Release PS4||November 6, 2018|
Extinction is scheduled to be released on November 6th, but is available for purchase through the Season Pass.
- 1 Releases In
- 2 Overview
- 3 The Corrupted Earth Map
- 4 Creatures
- 5 Items
- 6 Explorer Notes
- 7 Spotlight
- 8 Notes/Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Countdown to Extinction ends in: days, hours, minutes, seconds.
Extinction places survivors on an Element-infested, ravaged planet filled with fantastical creatures both organic and technological. Earth holds both the secrets of the past and the keys to its salvation.
Unique Environmental Features
- Electromagnetic waves are present at certain locations, rendering items such as GPS useless.
The Corrupted Earth Map
The map appears as if it was laden in the past or future, overgrown with sci-fi and nature.
- New Resources
- New Features
- New Creatures
Corrupted Earth contains creatures, both organic and nonorganic. This introduces mechanical-category creature found around it.
Several giant minibosses, known as "Titans" roams across sections of the map accessible through dungeons/caves. They are extremely aggressive, but survivors who managed to knock it down will be able to tame the savage beast.
Moreover, a certain variant of dino known as "Corrupted" roams around the earth, and due to their over-exposure of Element, have become corrupted. They will attack any base or creature/human on sight, and can potentially in a hive-mentality state, move in groups in an attempt to raid and devour stockpiles of Element harvested by survivors.
Approximate Spawn Locations
Some of the creatures here can only be "tamed" through crafting from remains of said creature's part.
A unique variant outclassing even the largest existing dinosaur Titanosaur and some of the bosses, these Titans roam around sections of the map of Extinction upon released from dungeons/caves and are extremely aggressive, but they can be tamed.
Corrupted variants can be found wandering around Earth, most notably in No Man's Land. These dino/creatures have been infected by Element to the point where their minds are under a "hive-mentality", rendering them untameable, and must be killed as they are extremely aggressive (even naturally skittish creatures).
All items from the base game and some items from Aberration are available on Extinction in addition to the items below.
Extinction adds the following Resources:
Extinction adds the following Consumables:
Extinction adds the following Trophies:
Weapons, Armor, & Tools
Extinction adds the following Structures:
Extinction adds the following Saddles:
As Extinction is part of the story of the ARKs, Explorer Notes can be found across the map. These Explorer Notes document the ARK lore. For more in-depth information, see Explorer Notes.
In addition to the Explorer Notes found on Extinction, Dino Dossiers can also be found, written by Helena Walker to document the research of Extinction's creatures. For more in-depth information, see Dino Dossier.
- The dystopic earth, which is the setting for this DLC, is visible after the final boss fight of Aberration and after you are sent through portal frames in the Element Falls shaft.
- On the Steam page for the Season Pass, the first targeted release date was spring 2018 which was changed in December, 2017 to a general 2018 release date.
- One to two hours after ARKaeology event started, the banner time was replaced by another banner, hinting a new creature and one of the tainted areas within the map.
- On the third day, the countdown was brought over to the Twitch channel, with an updated banner that constantly changes over time.
- In the 4 hours mark, a dinosaur can be seen in the same banner during the countdown in twitch channel, showing a Rex within the red mist.
- In the 3 hours mark, a small object (Possibly Scout) could be seen above the said dino's head.
- The trailer was released June 19 2018, along with the mention of the prolonged event "Extinction Chronicles" lasting through November.
- A variant of possible bosses known as titan could be seen at the end of the trailer.
- From the start of trailer, the survivor is seen with an Alpha Ascension Implant, when compared to previous DLC trailers where they have not ascended. This might imply you will need to ascend to access this map.
- In the trailer a creature that seemed to be full of element (Known as the Enforcer) teleported to and attacked a Giganotosaurus. Based on its appearance, they may appear to be linked to Attack Drone and Defense Unit.
- The release date for Extinction is November 6th 2018.
- During an interview with Wildcard, they are unsure if Tek creatures such as Enforcers found in Extinction will be normally tamed like other dinosaur, or be "crafted".
- This is the first expansion pack to have the logo with only one glowing edge and a sharp top end. Every other expansion, including the base game, has three glowing edges and a blunt top end.
- This is also the first (and only) expansion pack to have an event following its upcoming release. (Extinction Chronicles)
Torn dossier of a TEK creature, the Scout.
Torn Dossier of the Gasbag.
Torn dossier of the Frost Titan.
Banner in Twitch, riddled with 'red mist'. A Rex can be seen on the background.
|Plains||No Man's Land|
Here are only the official DLCs listed. For mods see there.
|Base Game Map||The Island|
|Expansions||Scorched Earth • Aberration • Extinction|
|Maps||The Center • Ragnarok|
|Total Conversions||Primitive Plus|