Fabricated Sniper Rifle
|Fabricated Sniper Rifle|
|This semi-automatic rifle has less punch than a Longneck Rifle, but can be fired much more rapidly.|
|Ammo used||Advanced Sniper Bullet ( )|
|Rate of fire||3.3 RPS|
|Reload time||04.24 seconds|
|Durability||70.0 (1 per shot)|
|Added in||Patch 218.0|
cheat giveitemnum 436 1 0 0
cheat GFI MachinedSniper 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponMachinedSniper.PrimalItem_WeaponMachinedSniper'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 83|
|Engram Points||36 EP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator |
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Mortar And Pestle
The Fabricated Sniper Rifle is a ranged weapon, a more advanced version of the Longneck Rifle. It uses Advanced Sniper Bullet for ammo. While it doesn't do as much damage per shot as the Longneck (165 damage compared to the Longneck's 280) it can be fired 8 times before needing to be reloaded.
The weapon has an excelent burst DPS, just some points shy of the destructive Pump-Action Shotgun. Also, considering how ammunition makes for most of the cost while using a weapon, it is indeed cheaper to use than the Assault Rifle, while retaining a high yet manageable recoil because of the lower firerate. Finally, unlike shotguns, it is effective at all ranges possible. To compensate, this weapon has a very long reload time for its small 8 round clip and a fast durability drain, making sustained fire an unwise option. Moreover, it expels an absolute number of projectiles (remember that shotguns fire multiple pellets) at a much slower pace than any other fabricated weapon, reducing the chances to hit a moving target when used by less skilled survivors.
It is also the most expensive to craft and therefore requires much more materials to produce in mass and obtain high crafting bonuses.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Fabricated Sniper Rifle has a base damage of 165, all creatures aside from Humans take only 70% damage from guns. This means that the Rifle only does around 115 damage to creatures.
- This weapon comes with a built-in scope that doesn't use up the attachment slot, effectively allowing for it to have two attachments.
- The durability drain per shot makes this an expensive weapon to keep repaired.
- This is a good alternative to the Longneck Rifle. Its power comes from its ability to fire rapidly which makes it less punishable for players with bad aim, although it is also more expensive to maintain.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Fabricated Sniper Rifle resembles a cross of a Modern Dragunov SVD and a M14 EBR.