|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Ferox is a medium-sized shoulder-mounted pet. When tamed, Feroxes will search for Element and notify the survivor when they have found some. If the Ferox consumes Element, it will transform into a larger, more aggressive form of itself, which is faster, more agile, and deadlier in nature. The Ferox's aggressive form also comes with dangerous attacks, such as a pounce that knocks survivors off of their mounts (which other Ferox riders are immune to) or a mega slam which dismounts all enemy survivors in a vicinity. Much like the Deinonychus, the Ferox will be able to scale cliffs and other vertical surfaces.
Whenever the Ferox transforms into its aggressive form, its need for Element becomes greater and it will be easier for the Ferox to enter a bloodlust state, similar to the Giganotosaurus rage. This bloodlust state will cause it to attack anything, and once it has passed through that state, it will pass out and return to its passive form.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Ferox is similar in appearance to that of a Jerboa. Upon consuming Element, it transforms into a larger, more aggressive version of itself that is more canine-like in facial features. Both forms have six limbs, with the middle arms being slightly smaller than the top ones
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
The Ferox's information is currently unknown, because it was recently released.
If you want to help with this section, you can add the color region descriptions by clicking "Edit Source" at the top of the page. See Template:PaintRegions for documentation on how to use this template.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Ferox.
General[edit | edit source]
- the Ferfox is very weak before its transformation. Be quick in killing them.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- When the Ferfox is not in its aggressive state an melee weapon such as a Sword or Pike.
- But when the Ferfox is in its aggressive state a ranged weapon such as an Assault Rifle would work very well.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
- An ranged weapon would work very well against the Ferfox.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- When the Ferfox is in its aggressive form its stats are boosted exponentially.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
- When the Ferfox is not in its aggressive form its health and other stats are very low.
Taming[edit | edit source]
Ferox is tamed non-violently, rather than through the usual methods. Put the Element on the far-right slot and approach the creature, then use the Use (E) Key. Be ready to run away as the Ferox shapeshifts into an aggressive giant and chase after the survivor who fed it, and will continue to pursue until it reverts back to its small self. This must be repeated multiple time until it is tamed after the last revert.
One of the known tactics is to encase it around a giant trap base by luring it while in its giant form with a speedy dino.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
All Terrain Mount: The Ferox, due to its ability to cling to surfaces like the Deinonychus, and ability to transform from a shoulder pet to a mount enable both the Ferox and the rider to easily traverse any terrain.
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name and word Ferox is Latin for "fierce", "wild", or "arrogant".
- Its second form highly resembles a Werewolf.
- The design and behaviour of the Ferox is likely inspired by the Gremlins from the 1984 film "Gremlins".
- The Ferox also bears a resemblance to the Bullymong from the Borderlands series.
- The shapeshifting capabilities of the Ferox are vaguely similar to the transformation of a Nameless into an alpha one, though the Ferox's transformation is much more extreme.