|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Food is a representation of how fed you currently are. You will gradually become more hungry over time, but actions that consume Stamina will also drain your food. If your character is Cold, they will become hungry faster. If your Food reaches 0, you will Starve, draining your Health and gradually increasing Torpidity. Food can be restored by eating Berries, Meat, Vegetables, Jerky, or Eggs.
Stamina and Healing[edit | edit source]
Both regenerating and losing Stamina and Health will trigger food loss. At times, the Food-icon will turn pale/grey. When this occurs, your character is in the hidden "constipated" state and needs to poop. While "constipated," your character will lose food at a greater rate than normal (i.e. get hungry quickly). Pooping (default: + or + ) will cease this hidden status effect and your food consumption will return to normal. If you do not properly manage your character's constipation, you could drain an entire Food-bar during one Stamina-bar regeneration; this is especially true for characters with high stamina. Sometimes, such as when Cold or Injured, your character may even need to poop 3 or 4 times in just a couple of seconds. So don't just press the poop key once and stop; keep pressing it! If managed properly, what would normally drain an ENTIRE Food-bar might only drain 30% leaving you with 70/100 food instead of 0 (and 2 or 3 human feces). This can be an incredible way to conserve your food resources.
Note: Although tames show the same pale/grey food icon, they do NOT suffer the same food draining consequences as the player's character does. This means they do NOT get a hidden constipated status; they are simply ready to produce feces
Increasing[edit | edit source]
Putting a point into Food increases your maximum Food by 10. This does not have any effect on the nutrition or food values of what you eat, but allows you have more digested food at once, which therefore takes longer to deplete to 0.
Foods[edit | edit source]
|Name||Food||Health||Stack size||Spoils in||Weight|
|Raw Meat||10.0||-5.0||20||10m||3h 20m||0.1||2.0|
|Cooked Meat Jerky||20||8||30||2d||60d||0.1||3.0|
|Raw Prime Meat||20||-5.0||1||2m 20s||2m 20s||0.1||0.1|
|Cooked Prime Meat||35.0||25.0||30||46m||23h||0.1||3.0|
|Prime Meat Jerky||35||25||30||2d||60d||0.1||3.0|
|Raw Fish Meat||5||-1.5||20||20m||6h 40m||0.1||2.0|
|Cooked Fish Meat||10.0||8.0||30||30m||15h||0.1||3.0|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||10||-1.5||1||4m 40s||4m 40s||0.1||0.1|
|Raw Mutton||20||-2||1||9m 20s||9m 20s||0.1||0.1|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||18||15.7||30||1h 7m 30s||1d 9h 45m||0.1||3.0|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||35||100||30||1h 7m 30s||1d 9h 45m||0.1||3.0|
|Spoiled Meat||2.5||-12.0||100||15m||1d 1h||0.1||10.0|
|Giant Bee Honey||20||8||1||20m||20m||0.1||0.1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When you eat food (excluding Rare Mushroom), your hunger is not immediately refilled. It instead gives you a hunger regeneration effect, the total amount of which depends on what you eat.
- Eating more Food than your Food bar can hold will not hurt you, but it will not carry over either. It will simply waste food.
- Some foods will constipate you more than others. Rare Mushrooms being the worst culprit (i.e. they make you poop a lot!), because of their instant food replenishment mechanic and its interaction with the hidden food saturation mechanic. Cooked Fish Meat and Custom Consumables are amongst the highest saturation (i.e. you rarely poop)
- Some players never invest any points in increasing the Food stat at all. It is usually considered a low-priority stat, as food sources are plentiful and easily obtained in ARK.
- You can also eat Raw (Food= +10 & Health= -5) or Spoiled (Food= +3.5 & Health= -12) meat, but this will lower your health and only provide a slight Food increase.
- Enforcer is currently the only creature to have Energy in place of food.