Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Forest Cave (Extinction)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The cave entrance is a fairly classic cave entrance design in the rockface, in the North-Eastern end of the underground forest zone, located at 11.8° Lat, 39.3° Lon.
The entire cave, as well as the area immediately outside, is designated a "no build" zone. The cave itself is a fairly linear route, with a long, winding tunnel for most of the cave. There is a small body of water that needs to be crossed part of the way through.
The cave contains 2-4 Loot Crates
Retrieving the Artifact[edit | edit source]
The artifact is located approximately at (13.5, 49.2) on a ledge to your right as you enter the large cavern at the end of the cave system. The ledge itself is out of reach of many of the creatures in the cavern.
Activating the Forest Titan[edit | edit source]
Within the final cavern of this cave is a tech area, with terminal, where you can summon the Forest Titan.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Very Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Rare[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The cave is large enough that it is possible to pilot a Mek into and through the cave until about 60% of the way through, where the tunnel becomes too narrow for a Mek to continue.
- It is possible that there are many creatures of all the species listed above in this cave. Frequently, several animals of different species gather in one place.
- It used to be possible to fly through the entire cave on most flying creatures. This was changed in v287.110.
- Be prepared to be constantly dismounted by Microraptors, Kaprosuchus and Purlovias. You'll need friends or something to protect you like a committee of Vultures.
- The Yutyrannus' will make it very hard, range dinos like Velonasaur will make it much easier to take out the Yuty's.
- Bring along a stack of medical brew.
- The tribute needed to summon the Forest Titan includes: 100 corrupt hearts, 10 sauropod vertebrae and 10 Rex arms
- A Yutyrannus is recommended to explore the cave, as its roar can force Purlovias out of their burrow.