Fortitude is a measure of your resistance to the Weather, Torpidity, and Disease. A higher Fortitude increases your natural Hypothermic and Hyperthermic insulation, reduces rate of defecating near Tyrannosaurus roar, and lessens the effects that you receive from Hypothermia and Hyperthermia. It also gives you resistance to Torpidity-increasing effects such as consumption of Narcotic, hits from Tranquilizer Arrow or Slingshot, Scorpion stings and other Torpidity-inducing attacks from creatures.
Increasing[edit | edit source]
Each level point spent increases fortitude by 2. This in turn increases the hypothermal and hyperthermal insulation by 4.5. In the HUD you will see rounded down integers. Bear in mind to resist hypothermic effects at -5 °C(23 °F), hypothermal insulation of at least 200 is required - so you will not be able to resist all weather effects using fortitude alone without adding an obscene amount of points to the skill.
| Hypothermal and
| Hypothermal and
Each point spent on fortitude will increase your knock-out threshold by 1. A Human with 0 points in fortitude will be knocked-out once his torpidity reaches 50 points, a human with 1 point in fortitude requires a torpidity level of 51 to fall unconscious and so on.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Various Armors will also increase (or decrease) your Hypothermic and Hyperthermic insulation.
- Food dishes can be used to temporarily increase your resistance to extreme temperatures: Fria Curry gives Hypothermic insulation, and Calien Soup gives Hyperthermic insulation.
- Inside a building insulation is increased by 112 Hypothermic and 56 Hyperthermic. As of Scorched Earth stone and metal make higher temperatures more dangerous.
- While Fortitude reduces the Torpidity gained from various damage sources, it does not decrease the damage you receive.
- As of Patch 280.114 natural insulation from fortitude was increased by 8% and the knock-out threshold now increases with fortitude as well.