|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|Protects the wearer against various airborne poisons.|
cheat GFI GasMask 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/SCUBA/PrimalItemArmor_GasMask.PrimalItemArmor_GasMask'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 85|
|Engram Points||100 EP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations||Chemistry Bench|
Resources breakdown [ ]
10 × Crystal
|Cost||1000 × Charges|
The Gas Mask is a head-slot item which protects the wearer from certain environmental dangers.
Utility[edit | edit source]
The Gas Mask protects the wearer from the following things:
- Dilophosaur Spit
- Poison Grenades
- Tripwire Narcotic Trap
- Swamp Fever
- Manticore quill projectile
- Poison Wyvern and Basilisk Spit
- Poison gas in the Swamp cave
Its durability will deplete while being worn, similar to a SCUBA Tank. However, its durability is much lower than that of the SCUBA Tank. Once its durability has depleted (20 minutes), it can be repaired at a Fabricator by using same materials that are needed to craft it.
The Gas Mask also allows the wearer to see more clearly underwater. However, it is not advised to use it for this purpose, as the SCUBA Mask can accomplish this as well while not depleting durability.
Due to its cost of making one and with its low durability, it is usually not worth wearing the mask unless its used for the above protection. An alternative, cheaper method if one would have access to Aberration map, would be Hazard Suit Hat as it does not reduce the durability of the helmet when wearing it. However, the uses for its protection is limited only to spits from both Poison Wyvern and Basilisk.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When wearing the gas mask, an icon appears in the bottom-left corner of the HUD.
- Does not protect against spores in Aberration
- If you wear only the gas mask, it strangely does not degrade from Arthropluera spit, however wearing other items of armor with it causes it to break instantly when hit. This may be a bug.