Giant Bee Honey
|Giant Bee Honey|
|A delicious and nutritious snack, useful for luring creatures to a trap or for fishing.|
|Consumable (values pertain to Humans)|
cheat GFI Honey 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Honey.PrimalItemConsumable_Honey'" 1 0 0
|Used to craft||6 items|
Giant Bee Honey is a resource in ARK: Survival Evolved.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Honey has a number of different usages:
- It can be eaten directly by survivors for a substantial amount of Food.
- It is an ingredient for Sweet Vegetable Cake and Extraordinary Kibble cooking recipes.
- When thrown on the ground, Honey works as bait for attracting nearby creatures.
- When thrown into the water, it calms aggressive Leedsichthys.
- It can be used to tame the Liopleurodon (temporarily), Dire Bear, Moschops, Megatherium and Roll Rat. In this usage, Honey works exactly like kibble giving 80 food.
- It is usable as a fishing bait for Fishing Rods along with Sap or Leech Blood.
- It provides a good amount of health using the honey within custom created recipes.
Honey is highly perishable and is best kept in a Refrigerator.
How to use:
- To throw honey as a bait that attracts creatures and calms Leedsichthys, honey must be used via hot-bar (any slot).
- To eat honey, select honey in your inventory, then consume.
- To give honey to somebody in front of you, select honey in your inventory, then drop. Honey dropped this way becomes a package.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
Honey can also be gathered from wild bee hives, on a fifteen minute timer. Use caution, as the Giant bees could potentially come out of the harvested hive.
Honey can also be harvested with a Dire Bear at twice the normal rate without harming the hive or aggravating the bees. This is a much better method than harvesting by hand. If accidentally attacked through methods other than Dire Bear, it can act as protection from Giant Bee knocking off.
Fishing Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Bait||Catchable Fish||Max Fish Size|
|Leech Blood||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||1.88|
|Giant Bee Honey||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||2.4|
|Ancient Amber||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||∞|
Spoil times[edit | edit source]
|Tamed Dino||1h 20m|
|Preserving Bin||3h 20m|
|Bee Hive||15d 6h 40m|
|Refrigerator||1d 9h 20m|
For more information, see Spoilage.
Video Tutorial[edit | edit source]
A quick tutorial on how to make a bee trap to get honey easier in the Redwoods.
Notes / Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Real honey doesn't spoil so long as it is kept dry.
- Honey might give more health than prime meat in custom recipes, but it is still outclassed by the other cooked meats because they can stack.
- It is possible to reset the spoil timer on the honey by placing it on a fishing rod and taking it off
References[edit | edit source]