We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Giant Bee Honey
|Giant Bee Honey|
|A delicious and nutritious snack, useful for luring creatures to a trap or for fishing.|
|Consumable (values pertain to Humans)|
cheat GFI Honey 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Honey.PrimalItemConsumable_Honey'" 1 0 0
|Used to craft||5 items|
Giant Bee Honey is a resource in ARK: Survival Evolved.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Honey has a number of different usages:
- It can be eaten directly by survivors for a substantial amount of Food.
- It is an ingredient for Sweet Vegetable Cake and Extraordinary Kibble cooking recipes.
- When thrown on the ground, Honey works as bait for attracting nearby creatures.
- When thrown into the water, it calms aggressive Leedsichthys .
- It can be used to tame the Liopleurodon (temporarily), Dire Bear, Megatherium and Roll Rat. In this usage, Honey works exactly like kibble giving 80 food.
- It is usable as a fishing bait for Fishing Rods along with Sap or Leech Blood.
- It provides a good amount of health using the honey within custom created recipes.
Honey is highly perishable and is best kept in a Refrigerator.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
Honey can also be gathered from wild bee hives, on a fifteen minute timer. Use caution, as the Giant bees could potentially come out of the harvested hive.
Honey can also be harvested with a Dire Bear at twice the normal rate without harming the hive or aggravating the bees. This is a much better method than harvesting by hand. If accidentally attacked through methods other than Dire Bear, it can act as protection from Giant Bee knocking off.
Fishing Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Bait||Catchable Fish||Max Fish Size|
|Leech Blood||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||1.88|
|Giant Bee Honey||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||2.4|
|Ancient Amber||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||∞|
Spoil times[edit | edit source]
|Tamed Dino||1h 20m|
|Preserving Bin||3h 20m|
|Bee Hive||15d 6h 40m|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|Refrigerator||1d 9h 20m|
- Smokehouse Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination5h
- Bee Hive 13d 21h 20m with S+
For more information, see Spoilage.
Video Tutorial[edit | edit source]
A quick tutorial on how to make a bee trap to get honey easier in the Redwoods.
Notes / Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Real honey doesn't spoil so long as it is kept dry.
- Honey might give more health than prime meat in custom recipes, but it is still outclassed by the other cooked meats because they can stack.
References[edit | edit source]