Glider Suit Skin (Aberration)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Aberration, Extinction, Valguero|
|Glider Suit Skin|
|When attached to a Chest Armor, the Glider Suit enables sailing through the air by double-tapping jump, while gaining speed by running and diving!|
cheat GFI Glider 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/PrimalItemArmor_Glider.PrimalItemArmor_Glider'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 62|
|Engram Points||26 EP|
|Crafted in|| Smithy |
Thorny Dragon Saddle
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Glider Suit Skin can be attached to any piece of chest armor, similar to a skin, except to the Tek Chestpiece. The Glider Suit Skin does not have a durability value of its own, so the suit itself will never break, but gliding with the suit does wear on the durability of the chest armor to which it is attached.
While in the air, double-tapping the jump button will put the player into a glide mode, gliding forward while only losing a small amount of altitude. Holding ⇧ Shift will allow you to control your pitch up or down to dive or climb, greatly affecting your speed.
Pressing the jump button while gliding will toggle the Glider Suit off. However, it can be turned on again while falling.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Holding the sprint button will allow you to control your altitude whiling aiming your mouse UP or DOWN. Shift-sprinting and running off of a cliff while failing to remove your finger from the shift button will result in a dramatic fall.
- Diving into the ground at any moderate speed with the Glider Suit will hurt your survivor.
- Be mindful of the durability wear on your chest armor when using the Glider Suit. If your chest armor breaks you will lose the ability to glide until your armor is repaired. Both the durability and the ease of repair should be considered when choosing a chest armor to use with the Glider.
- To remove the glider skin, hold shift and drag the chestpiece in your inventory.
- The durability wear can be extra dangerous when using the Glider Suit on an armor that already has a passive durability drain like the Hazard Suit or SCUBA Armor.
- Projectiles shot towards glider suit-skinned torso does 3x its durability damage, making it even more dangerous in PvP and certain PvE cases.
- Unlike the Zip-Line Motor Attachment, this skin does not require any Gasoline or similar fuel to use.
- Walking off of an edge then gliding will put you at a set altitude, while dropping roughly the same speed as if you were flying an Archaeopteryx.