- Notice: There are missing informations in the Gallery. Tests needed. Patch version of the game on this page: 238.3.
Greenhouse structures are transparent building pieces that can be used to speed up the process of Farming.
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Greenhouse Ceiling, the Sloped Greenhouse Roof and the Greenhouse Wall provide Greenhouse Effect to Crop Plots placed under or near. Each of them provides 15% Greenhouse Effect (Greenhouse Walls must have Greenhouse Ceilings or Sloped Greenhouse Roof above them to be active) and can be seen when looking at the crop plot (see picture on the right). Other Greenhouse structures are entirely cosmetic.
When the Greenhouse Effect is granted to a Crop Plot, its crops grow significantly faster but continue to consume Fertilizer at the usual rate. Because of this, the Greenhouse Effect increases the crop yield per unit of fertilizer. The Greenhouse Effect is capped at a maximum of 300%, meaning crops can grow up to 4 times faster than normal.
A 2x2 greenhouse with single wall high will provide 165% to crops under the Greenhouse Ceilings.
There is a Greenhouse Doorframe in the first picture: It doesn't provide any effect, so the bonus is 165% instead of 180%.
|165% Greenhouse Effect||285% Greenhouse Effect||300% Greenhouse Effect|
A fully upgraded greenhouse needs to be larger (3x3 or more). A 2x2 built two walls high will only give 285% of the Greenhouse Effect (second picture).
You can build two walls high on a 3x3 Greenhouse, but it will just be cosmetic: 3x3 built a single wall high is enough to get the full 300% bonus (third picture).
To get a full 300% the best practice is to lay crop plots using good space management, spreading them too far can cost extra building. Build 2 walls (these do not have to be greenhouse), then build Greenhouse Ceilings over the entire area. Sloped or flat does not matter. Check your greenhouse % and then add in 1 or 2 Greenhouse Walls, over and over until you are at 300%. With large structures, this could take adding walls to different sides to even it out. Once at 300% feel free to fill in with any wall type you wish.
Video Tutorial[edit | edit source]
This is a quick tutorial on how to make a greenhouse with 300% effectiveness.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Greenhouse Structures are like Thatch structures. They can be destroyed by any dino.
- Greenhouse structures can all be broken by Simple Rifle Bullets shot from a Longneck Rifle (further testing for other guns and ammo types needed).
- Greenhouse ceilings and roofs appear to grant full functionality even if partially obstructed (e.g. by a turret), but will cease to work if too obstructed. Remember that destroying the support of a turret will destroy the turret - so additional support or nearby placement is recommended.
- Greenhouse walls will only snap to standard foundations or pillars, and will not snap to fence foundations.
- Engrams for Greenhouse Wall and Greenhouse Ceiling are unlocked at level 42, Greenhouse Doorframe and Greenhouse Door at level 43, and the Sloped components at level 44. The Greenhouse Wall and Greenhouse Ceiling cost 30 Engram Points to unlock, while all other Greenhouse structures cost 15 Engram Points.
- A greenhouse does not need to be considered enclosed: A ceiling atop pillars or snapped to an adjacent wall is sufficient.
- Pipes can pass through the Greenhouse Walls.
- Building non green house ceilings above the green house will cancel the effect.
- Creatures standing on crop plots cancels the Greenhouse Effect.
- Building Greenhouse structures in caves provides no Greenhouse Effect.
- As of patch version 255.5 players must crouch inside a Greenhouse only one wall tall.
- A Greenhouse inside a Tek Forcefield cannot gain the Greenhouse Effect; unless the forcefield is deactivated.
- Greenhouse Walls do not need to be level with the adjoining foundation to receive the 300% bonus. For example, an 8x8 greenhouse can have adobe walls creating the first surrounding layer, with a second higher layer made of Greenhouse Walls. So long as the Greenhouse Walls connect with Greenhouse Ceilings or Roofs, the max bonus will still apply.
Components[edit | edit source]
- Greenhouse Ceiling
- Greenhouse Doorframe (no effect)
- Greenhouse Door (no effect)
- Greenhouse Wall (effective on a closed Greenhouse)
- Greenhouse Window (note there is no Greenhouse Windowframe, No effect)
- Sloped Greenhouse Roof
- Sloped Greenhouse Wall Left
- Sloped Greenhouse Wall Right
Gallery[edit | edit source]
This gallery shows some examples of how the Greenhouse Effect mechanic works:
|165% Greenhouse Effect||165% Greenhouse Effect|
|0% Greenhouse Effect||0% Greenhouse Effect||150% Greenhouse Effect|
|60% Greenhouse Effect||0% Greenhouse Effect||165% Greenhouse Effect (left) and 0% Greenhouse Effect (right)|
|165% Greenhouse Effect||Due to the ceiling's hemispherical area of effect and poor alignment, Greenhouse Effect varies between 180% and 225%. The same building only 1-high varies between 270% and 285%, although it was impossible to move around inside. TEST NEEDED FOR THIS INFO|
|80% Greenhouse Effect TESTED|